TechSpot

Laptop screen flickers a lot

By Asterix07
Oct 14, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I got a HP laptop. Offlate,my screen has been flickering a lot...to the extent that i cant even see a thing. If i give the screen a small jerk i.e move the lid up and down, the flickering stops for a while and starts again. The flickering has got so severe now that the screen does not stay stable for more than a couple of minutes.

Is it just a loose wiring problem? Could i solve this at home with a proper set of screwdrivers?

If not, could you please let me know what kinda problem this is, and how do i work it out?

2. roesler

roesler TS Rookie

It sounds like you have a break in the ribbon cable that runs from the base to the screen. I have the same problem with mine, but it is ok if I don't try to close the lid. These cables get stressed every time the lid is opened and closed.

3. Asterix07

Asterix07 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanx roesler...now i atleast know the problem....anything else i can do other than not closing the lid??

4. CAMusing

CAMusing TS Enthusiast Posts: 328

It may be the display cable or the LCD Inverter.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.