Laptop screen

By ponkieus
Feb 21, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really dont know wot the problem is, but i know i Have a Samsung laptop intel pentium 4.
    well it has always worked, till a couple of weeks ago when i turned it on, apparently i can see the screen going bright then dark, but thats about nothing else shows, not even the booting stage. I know d laptop itself is working coz i hear d fans n every other thing, but the screen is completely blank.
    please help.

ive seen a lot of replies with ppl havin d same problem n they ve all kinda suggested openin it up. but i tried openin mine up, but after takin out every screw i can find it doesn't seem to open. any help?
  2. ikenfixit.com

ikenfixit.com Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

External monitor

Check to see if its working on external monitor first and if it is the Inverter or backlight is failing.
  3. ponkieus

ponkieus Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

ive actually tested it with another mionitor and it actually works, so wot does that mean? n tell me its nt goin 2 cost too much
  4. ikenfixit.com

ikenfixit.com Newcomer, in training Posts: 16

200.00 Max for repairs

This would be backlight replacement on a hard screen and inverter would be less. Shouldnt be a complicated repair depending on the unit issues.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.