Laptop set up changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently aquired a Laptop that used to be part of a college network, the only problem is that it still has some settings added by the college as standard that I want removed.

Firstly I want to change The log in screen to a classic Xp start up - the blue background with the usernames on the right and when you click them you can type the password underneath, at the moment the startup is as follows:

1 Before you see any log in screen there is a pop up message from the college about not using certain sites blah blah, that is no use to me now.

2 I then have to press CTRL ALT DEL before I can get to the login screen.

3 Then when I get there, it is a network PC type set up - ability to type in any username, rather than select, then there is a password fild, then there is the ability to connect to the college network, or the laptops own networks.

So as I will not need any of those log in options, I want the normal XP login screen and the message from the college removed.

I hope all of that made sense....

Thanks for any replies in advance.

EDIT: Running windows XP, 1gb RAM, 80gb hard drive, everything working fins as far as I know....

Can't just go to Control Panel > Change the way users log on or off > Use the Welcome screen (checked) > Apply Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back