Laptop set up changes

By SJ99
Mar 9, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have recently aquired a Laptop that used to be part of a college network, the only problem is that it still has some settings added by the college as standard that I want removed.

Firstly I want to change The log in screen to a classic Xp start up - the blue background with the usernames on the right and when you click them you can type the password underneath, at the moment the startup is as follows:

1 Before you see any log in screen there is a pop up message from the college about not using certain sites blah blah, that is no use to me now.

2 I then have to press CTRL ALT DEL before I can get to the login screen.

3 Then when I get there, it is a network PC type set up - ability to type in any username, rather than select, then there is a password fild, then there is the ability to connect to the college network, or the laptops own networks.

So as I will not need any of those log in options, I want the normal XP login screen and the message from the college removed.

I hope all of that made sense....

Thanks for any replies in advance.

EDIT: Running windows XP, 1gb RAM, 80gb hard drive, everything working fins as far as I know....
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,020   +83 Staff Member

Can't just go to Control Panel > Change the way users log on or off > Use the Welcome screen (checked) > Apply Options?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.