Inactive Laptop slows down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone...I am new here, just joined I am glad to be part of this great forum...

I have a Lenovo Idea-PC laptop that I bought a year ago..It came with high specifications as follows:

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz (4CPU)

8 GB Ram

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

GeForce GT 635M 1 GB

Hard Disk 1TB

Direct x 11

It has been working fine since then; however, yesterday when I was watching a video on Youtube, I noticed that the video lagged or froze for half a second or so and then resumed...At first I though there was a problem with the Adobe Flash, but when I played a number of videos (HD and lower quality) the same problem occurred...

I noticed that the video starts to lag or freeze for less than a second after playing any video for 1 minute and 8 seconds.

I am not sure where the problem lies, I've tried to do a virus scan with my Kaspersky software, the results were positive.

Can you please help me out cause I am unable to figure out where the problem resides..

Thank you

:)

Does it also show the problem when displaying a video on local storage?
If not, it is an artifact of your internet connection. You are seeing throttling of the download speed for whatever reason. Alternatively, since the internet is mostly cached on your local hard drive anyway, the local caching is struggling to keep up - maybe your drive needs defragmenting or is getting full ?

When you say the result of a virus scan was positive that is ambiguous, 'positive' essentially means yes.....do you mean results were clean?

That's right, it also shows that on local storage.

Note: Videos lag on Youtube and hard disk as well..

Regarding the virus scan I mean that no infections were detected; however, I did another scan using Malwarebytes and the results indicated that there are more than 148 PUP infections, including some registry files..Could this be the cause?

Is there any risk in deleting such files using the Malwarebytes software??

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back