Laptop stuck at the loading screen

[LEFT]my boyfriiend has a dell laptop that gets stuck at the loading screen with the bindows logo. according to him,he can get it boot by waiting for the three blinking lights above the left side of the keyboard to stop blinking...then he waits for a light to blink twice it looks rectangular lke a battery..and then after he sees it blink twice he holds the function key and repeatedly taps the directioon keys randomly. the funny thing is that it does eventually let him get past the loading screen. I notic when hes doing thiis there is a light flickering n according to hiim thats how he knws its working. I told him to not press anything and see if its just coincidence but nothinjg flickers if he doesnt do his "trick". I know there has to be a technical explanation[/LEFT]

Hi Krystlelagang,

Please let us know the System Model name and Windows Operating System on your computer so that we can assist you better.

[FONT=Calibri]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site[FONT=Calibri] .[/FONT]

I would say that the boot (hard) drive is bad, and it will need to be replaced and Windows will have to be re-installed

Hi Krystlelagang,

We hope the issue is resolved.

Please reply to my post if you need further assistance.

[FONT=Calibri]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site[FONT=Calibri] .[/FONT]

Back