Laptop suddenly stopped charging

I have an Asus K55VD Notebook, had it for about two years now, and other than having to replace the cooler twice already, it's been working perfectly so far. Until today,that is. I have Windows 10 installed and regularily install updates, and I installed one of them today. Up until that point the laptop was charging fine,but at some point after installing the update, it just wouldn't charge. The update was a C++ one, and honesly I have no idea if it could've had anything to do with laptop not charging, but thought I'll throw it out there just in case. After I realized the laptop wasn't charging, I tried plugging it in few other plugins, no change. Tried wiggling every part of the cable, no change. Opened up the block part of the charger, there is no apparent damage, and I'm pretty sure that that part works okay since I got a tiny bit electrocuted. The led light doesn't light up either. Tried taking the battery out and plugging the laptop in, no dice. At this point, I came to the conclusion that the problem lies either in the charger itself and that I would have to buy a new one (which I want to avoid at every cost since the average price for a charger where I'm from is 60-100 $, and I ain't got that kind of money), or that the problem is software related. I'm also aware that it could be the connector inside the laptop itself, but I choose to ignore that fact for now, since that would be really devastating for my wallet. The last thing I tried was troubleshooting the drivers and software itself, and got some weird results. First I went to Driver Manager and tried to update Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver, and while the driver was up to date already, my battery's power suddenly jumped up for about 30%. No idea what that was about, whether it has anything to do with battery or charger or is that just a thing that happens sometimes, I'm absolutely clueless. Anyways, last thing I managed to do before my battery ran completely out of juice was to run the troubleshooter, it found nothing. Tomorrow I'll try to find someone who has the same or similar laptop model as mine so that I can try charging it with their charger, to see if that's the problem or not, or to at least charge my battery in their laptop, but until then I would really appreciate any kind of new information or suggestions, I'm fresh out and honestly have no idea what could be the problem. Thanks.

Back