TechSpot

laptop to tv s video

By ron4ace
Dec 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Laptop to TV connection via S VIDEO to RCA gives the everything in BLACK and WHITE and i get no SOUND from playing videos. laptop is a Fujitsu LIFEBOOK C1320 and has a 7 PIN svideo port. I am using a 4 pin SVIDEO to 2 RCA cable. is the problem with the diff in pins ( 7 & 4) or do i need some drives for colour and sound.

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

4-pin S-Video to 2 RCA? And where do you plug the two RCA cables?

OK. To get a picture:
    - you can use a 7-pin S-Video to RCA cable (Didn't you get one with your laptop? See if you can order one from the manufacturer.)
    - you can use a S-Video to S-Video cable or a S-Video to SCART cable. Your TV has to support the specific input of course.

To get sound, you need to run a cable from your computer's soundcard's line out to your TV's audio input. It probably has to be a 3.5mm stereo to RCA stereo.

There are also cables that combine S-Video/composite/audio wires and plugs.

I'd say your priority is to get a proper 7-pin S-Video to whatever adapter.

3. ron4ace

ron4ace TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok getting the 7 pin s video to rca. but the lifebook c1320d has no sound card out port. it has a headphone port . will it work the same to outside speaker

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,552   +301

Yes, that will work for audio.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.