Laptop touch screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidude36

So today i woke up to find my laptop has a lovely greeny-bluish vertical line through the screen. It comes and it goes when i move the screen so its probably something that can be repaired, right? (Thats question 1 over with).

I have always wanted a touch screen laptop but unfortunately the price was out of my league when looking for a laptop. Now i have a 15.4inch laptop which is fine (apart from the screen problem above^) and i was wondering if i could purchase a new screen which has touch screen capabilities. I really don't know where to look for answer so i thought i'd ask here.

davidude36 said:
So today i woke up to find my laptop has a lovely greeny-bluish vertical line through the screen. It comes and it goes when i move the screen so its probably something that can be repaired, right? (Thats question 1 over with).

I have always wanted a touch screen laptop but unfortunately the price was out of my league when looking for a laptop. Now i have a 15.4inch laptop which is fine (apart from the screen problem above^) and i was wondering if i could purchase a new screen which has touch screen capabilities. I really don't know where to look for answer so i thought i'd ask here.
Question One: Could be a prob with the pixels, or the cords are playing up :S

Question Two: You could either get a new laptop with the touch screen, or you could get another screen and plug it into the vga port.

MiCCAS said:
Question One: Could be a prob with the pixels, or the cords are playing up :S

Question Two: You could either get a new laptop with the touch screen, or you could get another screen and plug it into the vga port.

well this laptop I've got now is only a few months old so if i can't get a screen to fit this one then i wouldn't bother. The vga port thing sounds quite good.

I'd really like to know if it is possible to take off the current screen i have and fit it with a new one (preferably touch screen).

Thanks for the help so far.

Oh great... now there is another line on my screen.. its red and is verticle but on the left half of the screen..... ergh..

davidude36 said:
well this laptop I've got now is only a few months old so if i can't get a screen to fit this one then i wouldn't bother. The vga port thing sounds quite good.

I'd really like to know if it is possible to take off the current screen i have and fit it with a new one (preferably touch screen).

Thanks for the help so far.

Oh great... now there is another line on my screen.. its red and is verticle but on the left half of the screen..... ergh..
MM... honestly don't know if that is actually possible to replace them, I don't think it is to be honest.

Is your LapTop under warranty? I'd consider taking it back for a replacement.

MiCCAS said:
MM... honestly don't know if that is actually possible to replace them, I don't think it is to be honest.

Is your LapTop under warranty? I'd consider taking it back for a replacement.

Apparently i've "voided" my warrenty from opening my laptop case up...

And i only sent my laptop in for repairs a week ago (because i dropped it and broke the hard drive)... but that all got fixed, now 3 days back from the repair shop its playing up.. this time with the screen.

Think its a good idea to take it back to the laptop shop and blame it on them?

davidude36 said:
Apparently i've "voided" my warrenty from opening my laptop case up...

And i only sent my laptop in for repairs a week ago (because i dropped it and broke the hard drive)... but that all got fixed, now 3 days back from the repair shop its playing up.. this time with the screen.

Think its a good idea to take it back to the laptop shop and blame it on them?
Just take it back, make no mention of opening the laptop up. I don't really know the regulations and stuff in your country, but I know there should be something in regards to getting replacements if it doesn't do what it's supposed to.

MiCCAS said:
Just take it back, make no mention of opening the laptop up. I don't really know the regulations and stuff in your country, but I know there should be something in regards to getting replacements if it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
You mean take it back to the place where i bought it? I actually purchased it online from www.novatech.com so i think its best if instead of sending it off for repairs i should take it to the repair shop down the road to see if they can diagnose the problem.

Well i guess i'm off to the repair shop again.... another £100 >.<

davidude36 said:
You mean take it back to the place where i bought it? I actually purchased it online from www.novatech.com so i think its best if instead of sending it off for repairs i should take it to the repair shop down the road to see if they can diagnose the problem.

Well i guess i'm off to the repair shop again.... another £100 >.<
Don't keep paying, contact the manufacturer and get them to pick it up and send it back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back