Laptop VERY Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bellb

Hi, iv just downloaded a program that i have on my PC called SencorsView, and right now my CPU is running at 161F, which i know is very hot for a CPU but i dont know if this will damage the laptop eventually, and at the moment im only using the internet, Aslo I use to be able to play 3D games like Battlefield 2142, now it wont even play Solitare LOL, is this because of the heat or could this be because of some other reason.
Please Help!
Thanks

1. Post in the correct forum - mobile computing.
2. Posting your email in a public forum is foolish. You must like spam.
3. running games will certainly increase your temps. If you are concerned about heat, ensure the laptop is cleaned, away from unventilated surfaces like carpet and raised off hard surfaces. You can buy laptop coolers for cheap at most electronics stores. Other than that, there is not much else you can do.

What CPU do you have on your laptop? Some run hotter that others. In any case take apart the heatsink and blow all the dust away. Works for me. New thermal paste would not hurt either.

I looked at you specs and how exactly are you running 6GB RAM on 32bit OS?

Thanks for the advice, ill give it a try.
Erm well i have 6GB of RAM, when i get a bigger power pack, im getting 8GB of RAM and I easily use this by using some of it as shared memory between my graphics LOL, but i am upgrading my OS soon anyway LOL

No home computer laptop or desktop needs 6 or 8GB of RAM. The operating system no matter what OS, will use less than 4GB at any time. I think you are dreaming... It's time to wake up!

Tmagic650 is right I have 4GB and use my PC for heavy HD video rendering and I am yet to see my PC use 3GB at one time. Now CPU that is another story. There is never enough Ghz for me. I had my dual for 6 months and I am ready for Quad.

Well I dont use mine for that, but i do alot of animation, Gaming and all that stuff that needs a lot of power, but even though your computer says its only using 3GB instead of 4GB, it is using the lot, 32 Bit systems cannot read that much but they can use it, so just because its not showing, doesnt mean its not working LOL,
My Desktop I own, I honestly think its way TOO SLOW, even though it has 6GB RAM, Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz and all that, but i have noticed it is my hard drive that slows everything down, I have a program called "SensorsView" which monitors Speed and Heat, and this shows my hard drive running 100% when ram and CPU only run between 5% and 40% LOL, So soon im getting a Raptor X and cloning my hard drive onto it LOL

Even CPU GHz ratings are changing. My Intel Quad Core Q6600 running at the stock 2.4GHz under Vista, out performs my Intel Pentium 4 overclocked to 3.8GHz under XP Pro. Vista Home Premium loads much faster than XP does on the same system in a dual boot configuration. It is becoming more a motherboard, video card, memory and hard drive issue rather than CPU speed now. Remember this!

well quad is quad. I got dual. Right now I am limited by that and then HDD's will follow once I will get quad. Video card after that and so on...

Thanks for that Tmagic650, I do agree with that, my motherboard is TERRIBLE but i will get a new one LOL, when i have my new power pack, graphics and hard drives LOL, Hopefully, I will have a computer that will run as fast as me LOL hehehe

Ye im not sure if i should have raid 1 yet because i do need 2 hard drives no matter what because at the moment i have 320GB which is almost full, and the raptor X is only 150GB so i do need 2 no matter what, but they are £130 each, which is a lot for a hard drive especially 150GB, so if i wanted raid 1 I would need 4 of them LOL, and that would be £520 WOW, i never looked at it that way LOL hehehe

Tmagic650 said:
No home computer laptop or desktop needs 6 or 8GB of RAM. The operating system no matter what OS, will use less than 4GB at any time. I think you are dreaming... It's time to wake up!

Well for what i do on my computer I easily use 6GB of RAM, without a problem, so i am not dreaming.

Won't happen buddy... The useable memory is less than 4GB any time. Find out for yourself. If you want to waste your money why not buy 8GB?

Vista cant read 3.2GB or more but it can use it, weather its for sharing with the graphics, for the OS or for what other reason the computer may need RAM for
Also i dont care who is right or wrong here, im upgrading to Vista Ultimate 64Bit in a few weeks anyway, so either way im getting alot of RAM in my machine
and i already have 8GB of RAM, I just dont have a big enough power pack to handle it yet, that is the next things im going to buy LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back