Laptop very very slow/Music skipping (HJT log included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My laptop is very very slow and the music I play skips constantly. Plus, sometimes when I try to open Firefox, it doesn't work. I have to end the process in the task manager menu and open it again.

My problem is that:
- I "cleaned" the start menu, it doesn't go faster
- I defragmented, it changes nothing
- I ran 3 different antiviruses and 4 antispywares but found nothing
- When it's too slow I open the task manager to check what's happening, but the System idle process is really high (95-98), I think that it should be good news. So why is it so slow?...

I'm desperate and post my hjt log here hoping that something can be done with it. Here it is:

Thanks for any advice.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log appears to be clean.

However, without renaming HijackThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe, it`s impossible to be sure. That`s because some malware can hide form HijackThis.exe.

One reason your laptop is slow, is because you`re running more than one antivirus programme. This is not recommended and can cause conflicts as well as seriously slowing down your system.

I recmmend you get rid of McAfee and keep AVG. You should also install some firewall software, such as the free Zonealarm or Kerio programmes.

If you`d like to post a fresh renamed HJT log as an attachment(SEE HERE for instructions), I`ll be happy to give it a quick look for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Lov3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks so much for helping me.
About the antivirus, I've tried to get rid of McAfee before (it was really really really slow at start up) and to keep only AVG, but the result was almost the same (from very very very slow to very very slow).
Anyway, here is the log after renaming HJT:

Thanks very much.

Your HJT log is still clean.

If you ever need to post any more log files, please do so as attachments and not copy and pasted thanks.

You still need to get rid of one of your antivirus programmes.

Then see this thread HERE. It`ll show you how you can speed up your system.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Lov3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back