laptop video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwingz

ok so im usually a desktop guy, but i just got a Dell inspiron 1720 laptop. I know alot about nvidia's video cards but not much about radeon and I just went ahead and bought this laptop with a radeon xpress 1270 and didnt know how much crap it was =P. I got the system from dell as a refurbished system 1 week ago and saw that it had some other nice stuff in it, but I suppose the previous owner wasnt a gamer.

anyways my question is this, I havent seen many places online where you can buy a new video card for a laptop, and im wondering where a good place would be and what kind I should get? I was thinking something along the lines of a Mobility Radeon 9600, or something that I wouldnt have to replace for a while.

any suggestions would be great, thx

Have you researched the board to assure the board will accept alternate video graphics cards? Look first at what Dell has to offer from their online store, which will give you a good idea of what is possible on the Inspiron 1720, then look at the premier sites such as www.newegg.com

Be cautious as you decide, as you do not want to introduce new cooling and heat problems. Those Inspirons are persnickity about such things.

Video Card or video card drivers, or chipset, or BIOS. Motherboards and CPU's can take a lot of abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back