Laptop videocard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioncourt

I've heard that you can replace videocards on larger laptops, i've got a sager with a d900k motherboard and i'm wondering just how difficult is the install? is it as easy as in a desktop?

What model number is your laptop?
Generally speaking, VGA card replacement in laptops is not practical unless this thing is designed that way.

card replacement

it's easy. unplug your laptop, take out the battery.
take off bottom panel for video card (the one right below the memory card reader)
remove the 4 retaining screws (and prey they don't break pieces off the board like mine did)
pull up the card
push down new card
screw it in (same 4 screws)
replace panel
turn on
hope it doesn't keep power cycling
the end.

Video card + Mobo

I've been told that in Laptops the video card is moulded to the mother board asin no replacement is available without a full motherboard replacement, as in my HP Pavillion zd8000, I was just told this, not confirmed

Not in the sager one... well, not this one anyhow. The 9750 does not have an integrated card. I have one and I'm having a hell of a time replacing the heat sink fan right now, so I'm positive it's not integrated.

HP's, Sony, etc. arne't really made for gaming, thus they are like 1/2 the price of the Sager/Alienwares, so they aren't going to have nice options like ours will.

Good luck with the card replacing.

leptoid said:
HP's, Sony, etc. arne't really made for gaming, thus they are like 1/2 the price of the Sager/Alienwares, so they aren't going to have nice options like ours will.

Please check the spec on the HP laptop before you start putting it down and slaiting its gaming capability, I doubt half the price aswell. ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back