Laptop will not run on battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Just had to format my TIME Traveller laptop and now it won't run on the battery.
The charging light doesn't come on anymore. Its as if I've wiped a program out or something.
Any ideas please.
Thanks for your replies.

Sound like your battery is dead, I am afraid.

With the cheap laptops the price they are now, if you can't easily get a new battery I would think about just getting a new laptop. But consider that a last resort.

Thanks for your swift reply.
I don't think the battery is dead as I tried a friends and it appeared to be the same.
Unfortunatly, his TIME laptop has also broken. The charger pin on the motherboard has been pushed inside, so he cannot charge his battery either.
Just my luck, the only person I know locally who has the same laptop and he can't charge his battery.
Like I mentioned earlier, the battery seemed to be charging before I formatted it. I didn't get to find out if it charged or not because it was only plugged in for a few minutes before the format.

Any more ideas anyone?
It was charging before I formatted the laptop, (or at least the charging light was flashing) but not after.
Its as if its lost a driver or program???
I'm no wizard so any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I have a Time Traveller AMD 2400+ and the battery also stopped working 1 year after purchase.
Does your battery say
Panasonic CGR-B/T19SE-MSL
P/N:442671700002
?

laptop batteries frequently go bad. They tend to get hot and everyone knows heat kills batteries.

Also laptop batteries have to be exercised. While researching a question on UPS batteries which DO NOT like exercising because they are lead-acid, laptops are frequently Ni-CAD which must be frequently drained otherwise they develop a memory and/or go bad.

Drain a laptop battery at least once a month.

Foxy said:
Any more ideas anyone?
It was charging before I formatted the laptop, (or at least the charging light was flashing) but not after.
Its as if its lost a driver or program???
I'm no wizard so any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I am having similar problems with my battery :

Panasonic CGR-B/T19SE-MSL
P/N 442673400015

The maximum my TIME notebook says that the battery is charged is 14%, but it seems to runs for about 2 hours.

Does this battery have some form of "on- battery" chip which can be corrupted. I am a total novice when it comes to batteries ...

any ideas ??

cheers

John

some do. But if you have decent run time I would say that's more of an annoyance than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back