Laptop with x200 help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new compaq laptop for 450 dollars. Problem is the x200 128mb seems extremely weak. I can play World of Warcraft just fine but when i try to play other games like city of heros its 1fps if im lucky. Now on my old laptop with a 5200 64mb i could play city of heros smoother than WoW.

Here is the specs..

Sempron +3000
2gb ddr ram
ati x200 128mb express
40gb HD
14 inch wide screen

The performance is dissapointing with such an older game as City of Heroes. Its unplayable. Is there anything I can do or are most games made in the last few years out of reach of this system. Thanks :)

That seems like some good specs for only $450, you buy it new?

I would make sure there are no unnecessary applications running. Make sure the drivers are up to date, namely video of course. Make sure you have the latest directx.

If the ati control panel has options for Anisotropic Filtering or Antialiasing, turn them off. Turn the game quality settings to lowest just to see what happens.

good luck

yea it only came with 256mb memory but my buddy gave me the 2gb ddr for free. I tryed some other games like halflife 2 and DDO and it worked well enough so I think it was just something with City of Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back