Laptop won't load

Ninny

Hey so I was getting help on the virus/malware forum as I thought my laptop was infected. After running the various tests I was given the all clear but I still had issues and was advised to come her for some assistance.

Whatever was on my laptop corrupted my programmes and I couldn't open the calculator and other things.

Well now it's just got worse and has taken me three attempts at turning it on and off and around an hour to get it to load properly and it's really slow and it's even struggling to load opera so I can go on the internet - I'm only really using it to watch lectures these days.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I buy a windows 7 disc and attempt to reinstall windows? Or should I just give up and take it to a computer shop?

Thanks in advance x

#1 Make a backup of all the data you want to keep.

#2 Do #1 NOW.

#3 Make a record of your OS validation key immediately after #2 (Belarc Advisor can find that if you do not have it). This is also a good source of information about your system.

When #3 is completed, fill us in on the details...what is your locality...how long have you had the laptop...what is it...when did you last clean it.. have you run checkdisk yet...what result....hopefully you removed all old restore points as recommended by Broni...have you made a record of your OS validation key ... do you have system disks, or recovery disk, or a recovery partition which are free of infection.

Back