Laptop working really slowly lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop's working extra slow lately. I scanned all over, here are the logs.

(I couldn't create an AVG log. the only thing AVG found was a file (launcher.ocx) infected with Adware.I2ISolutions and quarantined it).

Can anyone help?

I am no expert on HiJackThis, but I can see a few things that would worry me.
You did not list your brand, model, and age of computer... info that would be helpful.
You have Spybot Teatimer, Avast, AVG, Stealth Malware Detector, and Symantec Security on that computer. Those grouped together on one machine will slow things down dramatically. I suggest you uninstall all of them, defragment, then run CCleaner or other registry editor, then reinstall the ones you really find helpful... either Avast, AVG, or Symantec, but not all three.

Hi,

Please do not post your logfiles in any other format except .log or .txt files. This is to prevent infection through document files. The default logfile is in notepad; I don't see the point in putting it in word before attaching here.

Regards,
momok

Sorry, here are the logs again

I uninstalled AVG and SS&D, but it's still slow. I don't think that's the problem.
And I defraged my HD a couple of weeks ago, when the problem started, it didn't help...

If you just removed two, and didn't remove the rest... nor edit your registry, you didn't help yourself much. You need to clean out the system, then reinstall.
Assuming that is not the problem, take a look at your hard drive to determine brand and model. Then go to the web site of the manufacturer of the hard drive. Download their drive fitness test and run it. It only takes 20 minute or so. Every manufacturer except Tri-Gem and Toshiba have a test program that determines if the drive is failing or is healthy.
Many times the drive becomes very slow before it fails.
You would also benefit from downloading and running MemTest86, a very good free memory tester. Run it for four hours or seven passes, which ever takes longer.

Hi,

Run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

Close HJT.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste the logs.

I wouldn't ever uninstall SpyBot SD and AVG Antivirus (is that what you had previously?) on my system. Those two give your system a hell of a defence against malware. AVG Antispyware or Spyware blaster are also very good complements to the previous setup too. (Thanks Jobeard)
For information to speed up your system, please read this thread HERE.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of sagybp only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

HJT Log again

the AVG found nothing, and here's the HJT log.

The system is still very slow. one of the symptoms is that while watching video\audio files (or streaming on the net) the audio gets jammed every few seconds for a fraction and then continues. It's really annoying. It sounds like the memory is loaded, but the CPU usage under Task Manager looks OK and also the PF.

any additional help?

BTW - I ran a scan of my Seagate HD and it's fine.

Hi,

Your log looks clean.
For information to speed up your system, please read this thread HERE.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of sagybp only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back