Laptop's internet does not work with Wireless Network but it works with ethernet cable

Hi :)

I have been using my laptop for 6-7 years(probably). It is an HP Probook 4540s i5. In the beginning it used to work fine but 3 years ago, there was a problem with the hard drive. So I brought it to a store and they replaced it with a not so good type because it lags when playing online video games. Anyways, my main concern is its Internet Issues. First, with Wireless Network, it shows that I am connected to the internet but for some odd reason, it does not really work. Secondly, only my laptop is experiencing this problem. All the phones, tablets, and other devices works fine. Lastly, the internet only works when I am using an ethernet cable. Is there any solution to the problem?:'(

PS: I am not really that much into tech so a simple explanation would suffice haha :D

In the world of tech a 6-7 year old laptop is old; you certainly got your monies worth out of it. I would not be surprised if the issue is your wireless card that allows your laptop to connect wirelessly. Next time when it boots up to your main screen look to the bottom right hand corner and there should be a small icon that shows graph bars rising in order from left to right. This tells you if you are connected or not. Is there a yellow exclamation mark? If so it indicates connection problems. Whether or not there is right click on it and a window will pop up with two options. Choose the one for trouble shooting and let Windows do its thing. Often what is needed is for your wireless adapter to be reset which Windows will do for you automatically. I have to periodically do this with my wife's 6+ year old laptop.

Get back to us on what your results are.

Back