Laptops on laps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

I recently read a report that when you use your laptop its best not to put it on your lap as it can heat up thus leading to fertility problems.
discuss

I think you'd have to be: 1) male and 2) sitting on it for this to be much of a problem.

I'd me more worried about standing in front of a microwave waiting for hotpockets to cook.

Then again, since I work in Air Defense around radars all the time, I'm probably already sterile.

I can't have my HP on my lap gets to damn hot
I think I said something smart about that the other day
you can't use most laptops in your lap anymore
by the way
this is a amd turion 64 1.8ghz 1gb ddr 400 100gb drive
ati graphics don't remember the type could be a 9500
this thing gets hot and fast

Also, it is likely a temporary symptom. I imagine if for a few days or a week you don't use it on your lap the swimmers will work again.

I think you have to be exposed to high temperatures for extended periods of time over the course of a long time (probably months) to cause any permanate damage.

I wouldn't like to "cook" my eggs either :) You'd have to be paralized below the waist to stand the heat from a laptop on your lap for any length of time

Tedster said:
I'd me more worried about standing in front of a microwave waiting for hotpockets to cook.

Then again, since I work in Air Defense around radars all the time, I'm probably already sterile.

lmao, good one

I used to build RADAR power supplies for Navy aircraft. These power supplies put out 5 and 30 VDC at 250 amps. We had a RADAR system firing into a dummy load on our roof. If these power supplies failed, they could burn their way through an inch of solid aluminium in no time

I remember being in stationed in Korea with a radar and Adashi was sitting on the edge of an empty rice paddy in the middle of winter. We tried to tell him it wasn't safe to stand in front. He wouldn't move because he didn't understand us. After a little while he started taking his shirt off, then tshirt..... it was hilarious... he was getting "cooked" in the middle of winter..... Finally we had to turn the radar off and force him to move....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back