Laptops Sites & Prices - Europe & USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extant

Hey all,
My father is going to travel this week to Scotland and he is going to need a new laptop when he returns. Here in Brasil where we live the prices are extremly high on computer equipment. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on a website or some brand we should look for in Europe (he's going to go to Scotland, England and Germany).
I guess the prices in the UK will be pretty high so maybe in Germany would be a better idea. Another option would be to ship it from the US to where ever he is in Europe. Or he may go visit USA later on this year and he can pick one up.
This does not want to be any high-end laptop or anything, he's going to be using this for buisness purposes especially and probably plans to run Windows XP. The budget is about anything lower than US$1500.
Thanks!

The prices in the EU are high everywhere when compared to the US. Apparently someone forgot to tell the manufacturers that 1 USD = 1 EUR doesn't apply anymore.

Mail order from the USA is a good option!

Just remember the AC Power issue: the USA is on 110 and Europe is 220,
so get a power adaptor for it too :)

NOT DELL!

Toshiba and Mitsubishi are very good

ps: be sure to order a system with an International Keyboard if language support is importent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back