Last Call: Google Reader Dies Monday, Here Are The Best Alternatives

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/guides/688-best-google-reader-alternatives/]https://www.techspot.com/guides/688-best-google-reader-alternatives/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Gents, the search function was the most important one for me in Google Reader, are there any replacement for that a) for free b) paid one? thanx

The Old Reader for whatever reason was not mentioned, and it's pretty good.

I'm using feedly the only problem so far is that it hasn't got a search option like google reader :(

Thunderbird has a search function. It's a local client, but I just imported my google reader subscriptions and it downloaded stuff from 2001, so I don't think there's a big chance of missing feeds unless the feeder drops them more frequently than you check.

Newsify + Feedly Cloud = Love <3.

I tried Newsblur, Digg Reader, and Feedbin (paid). They are all trash IMO. The reason I hate them is because I like to skim my feeds (I get hundreds a day) and read the relevant/nice articles. That is where RSS kind stinks. Feedly + Newsify puts the feeds in a nice organized fashion so that I can skim my feed quickly.

Loving NewsBlur. It feels like Google Reader, with a prettier interface.

I never used Google Reader, but I used iGoogle extensively, and this dies November 1. I've switched to Protopage for now, which isn't bad. I've yet to migrate all my RSS feeds though (mainly the Ars Technica ones are missing).

I have yet to find a Windows equivalent to Vienna on the Mac ... been looking for years; it's the only thing which keeps a Mac in my stable of laptops & PC's ... won't miss Google Reader, but I'd sure like a Windows version of Vienna!

With all the commotion about Google Reader, I now have my feeds on The Old Reader, CommaFeed, and Feedly.

I went with NewsBlur also. They've really improved it a lot over the past several months. Both the web interface and the mobile app work great now.

Hi, has anyone used the Bundle from Google Reader? I can't seem to find this feature in any of the alternatives. Basically it allows the creation of a new RSS feed from a Bundle, or folder, that contains a group of other RSS feeds from many sources.

Back