Last version of Netscape with POP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Hey I have a person's backup of Netscape mail but the new Netscape doesn't seem to come with a POP3 client, just a web mail access thing.

I don't know what version the customer was using, but I need "some" version of Netscape that I can hook her profile and mail into so she can access it.

What was the last version of Netscape that included a POP3 client? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks.

PS, in case it helps, the original profile, which was in XP, was in a dir like "c:\documents and settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Netscape\Profiles\name\subname\user\mail"

Or something funky like that.

Alright I got it. It was Netscape 7.2. Basically the last version before the new version 8.

It can be downloaded from the main Netscape download area under Archived programs or something like that. It includes the POP3 client and through some searching I found where to put the files and now the mail is back.

whew!

Nice to see you got it sorted out...
Otherwise you could've used the latest Thunderbird from Mozilla.org, as it's just a later incarnation of the client used by netscape...

I was thinking about that, but I didn't know if I could just plug her old mail files into it with no problem.

Shouldn't be a problem...
I just migrated myself from Netscape 7.2 to Thunderbird, and it retained every setting.
It was much more painless than I had expected. Just point to the profile, and it does the rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back