Latest Doom trailer reveals demons, power-ups and weaponry

Shawn Knight

Staff member

With Doom’s multiplayer beta set to kick off in less than a week, Bethesda and id Software have fed fans a steady dose of teaser trailers - a trend that continues with this quick look at some of the demons, power weapons and power-ups that’ll make up the reboot.

One thing that’s notable about the new game is that for the first time ever, players will be able to become one of four demons including the Baron of Hell and Prowler to hunt down and mangle human foes in multiplayer. The trailer also teases a few of the new power-ups including invisibility and quad damage (both of which are self-explanatory) as well as weapons like the chainsaw, gauss cannon and everyone’s favorite, the BFG.

The more I see this game in action, the more compelled I am to give it a try. How about you?

Doom arrives on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 13 priced at $59.99 (there's also a collector's edition that'll command $119.99).

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

They never evolve. They continue with the same brainless Doom. I expected something else.

They never evolve. They continue with the same brainless Doom. I expected something else.

It's Doom. It isn't supposed to evolve.

That's like looking at a MOBA and saying, "Still an action-based RTS. I expected something else."

Whatever happened to releasing Doom as a single player experience, following it up with the multiplayer-focused Quake once all the kinks get worked out..? Seemed like a better release model, personally. Still can't wait for it's release, and the future time when I'll be able to afford a system capable of running it in all its glory. If Doom3 was any indication, should be 5-7 years.. xD

Beta multiplayer is not a "final" release, so unless they planed to open single player beta (See how that sounds?)

That is the whole concept of the game, that's its heart.

Go crawl under a COD forum or something.
I enjoyed the first Doom 95, but now is 2016! The same brainless fights are only fun for kids. Even in 2004, Doom was boring and clearly lost to HL2. They need to evolve, but obviously, they cannot because they have no clues as to how to do it.

I enjoyed the first Doom 95, but now is 2016! The same brainless fights are only fun for kids. Even in 2004, Doom was boring and clearly lost to HL2. They need to evolve, but obviously, they cannot because they have no clues as to how to do it.

Are you kidding me??? You are comparing pears to oranges, in my book Doom 3 was like Crysis but before Crysis, it was a benchmarking game and it was AWESOME, Half Life 2 is awesome too but it never scared me like Doom 3 did. One has nothing to do with the other, there is no way to compare them. If you find it boring it's simply not for you and you are totally wrong on the evolve stuff, it has evolved, the game pace, mechanics, graphic oomph.

It's and it should be... just Doom.

Shooters evolved.

He means his COD... don't take him serious (Learn to multiquote).

Shooters evolved.

"Evolution":
18j2vol3l22wmjpg.jpg

I've been playing these things since the 90s. The only evolution shooters have undergone over the past 20 years is what is caputred by this image. That, and the multitude of AI assists modern FPS players are now dependent on.

I am playing Brutal Doom. It's GREAT !

Back