Latest high quality iPhone 6 leak shows assembled 4.7-inch model

Scorpus

Staff member

In the lead up to the almost certain launch of the iPhone 6 next week, more leaks are claiming to show the device in the flesh. A Russian YouTuber, Rozetked, appears to have assembled a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 from leaked components, producing a high quality video that he's published on his channel.

If you've been following some of the previous leaks, the shape of the iPhone 6 isn't going to come as a surprise. Essentially, it's a larger version of the iPhone 5s, with rounded sides akin to last year's crop of iPads. The back is still made of space grey aluminium, which looks identical in color to the back of the iPhone 5s.

As the video slowly pans around the body of the leaked iPhone 6, you get a good look at the redesigned buttons, including the power button now found on the right edge. Also spotted is a protruding rear camera, prominent polycarbonate bands for wireless radio functionality, and a speaker along the bottom edge.

Apple is expected to launch both a 4.7-inch and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 at their press conference on September 9. It's also the rumored launch platform for the iWatch, which has been hotly anticipated ever since details emerged way back in 2012.

Permalink to story.

I feel like things will have to be changed in iOS to actually make good use of the extra estate.

Finally HD+ screen in decent size. At that rate by 2016 they should catch up with last year's Samsungs/LGs/Sony FHD, and by 2020 they should have competitor for this year's premium range.

Finally HD+ screen in decent size. At that rate by 2016 they should catch up with last year's Samsungs/LGs/Sony FHD, and by 2020 they should have competitor for this year's premium range.
For the 1,000,000 time.
People are not paying for the specs, the hardware, the screen size, the performance, or the pretty colors.
People want one of two things:

1) Apple's innovation/design.
2) Apple's logo on their phone.

My lady friend has a 4S and she LOVES it, will be getting a 4C because it all she needs. Me? I got a G2 (Snapdragon 800) coming and I can't wait to ditch this F****** Droid.

And how long did it take for others to start selling high-res phones after Apple introduced retina screen with iPhone 4? With your predictions, and if I may offer mine, by 2020 you will be sitting on social welfare.

Lol - I cant wait for another article on how the majority of software on the Google Play store contains malware.

Wow that is pretty ugly no and that is coming from an Apple fan. Add some glass to those fillings between the antenna bars! If they keep it like that, yes it will be more durable, but it will be hideous :(.

I won't run out and buy the iPhone 6. For the money I would be able to pick out a perfectly reasonable Android smart phone and have a enough cash to buy a decent camera with 20 to 30 x optical zoom.

And how long did it take for others to start selling high-res phones after Apple introduced retina screen with iPhone 4? With your predictions, and if I may offer mine, by 2020 you will be sitting on social welfare.
About 6 months after the iPhone 4 was released the Atrix came out with similar resolution and HD (720p) resolution androids came out before the iPhone 5.

This video was made in Russia, and as a Russian speaker here, I would vouch that the phone shown in the video is genuine.

Please stop calling these backdoor press releases, "leaks". It's offensive even to those considered, "special needs".

They call that innovation????
..that..that design.. that rounded sides!! I call that a setback!!

I won't run out and buy the iPhone 6. For the money I would be able to pick out a perfectly reasonable Android smart phone and have a enough cash to buy a decent camera with 20 to 30 x optical zoom.
That is a true statement thus far in the life of smartphones, and for the foreseeable future that will not change. There was just an article here yesterday about how Sony is going to have removable lenses on a couple of their phones. The entire point of a camera on a smartphone is to eliminate the need, in most cases, to carry a separate camera.

If you want to go ahead and carry both, by all means do. I just didn't think your posting that as if its some problem with the iPhone 6 is relevant to anything.

Looks too similar to an HTC One. HTC should sue their ***!
If Apple was that ready to sue everyone, they would be all over Toshiba for their Chromebook (2).

That is a true statement thus far in the life of smartphones, and for the foreseeable future that will not change. There was just an article here yesterday about how Sony is going to have removable lenses on a couple of their phones. The entire point of a camera on a smartphone is to eliminate the need, in most cases, to carry a separate camera.

If you want to go ahead and carry both, by all means do. I just didn't think your posting that as if its some problem with the iPhone 6 is relevant to anything.
Did I mention a problem with the iPhone 6? I am sure it will be a marvellous phone but I doubt if I would need all the features available especially for the cost. Just as long as I can get an internet connection on my smart phone I am happy as I use my phone to look up information on trains. No way is the camera on a smart phone can be adequate for the kind of photos I like to take. You can now purchase a compact camera that offers up to 30 x optical zoom manual over-ride and even RAW format that easily fits in a top pocket.

Did I mention a problem with the iPhone 6?
Not a problem, but you said you aren't going to 'run out and buy it' and then in the same sentence talked about getting a 20-30MP camera. So when that happens, in a thread about the iPhone, it either adds nothing or implies that the the camera on it sucks. The camera on the iPhone 6 is going to be just fine for most people. Clearly you need more quality in the pictures, and that is ok. I have an old 6MP Canon S3IS that takes better pictures by far than my Galaxy S4. When I go out in nature and expect some good scenery I'll take my S3IS, but that is impractical to carry everyday when I just need to take a picture of some random crap where I don't need great quality.

Not a problem, but you said you aren't going to 'run out and buy it' and then in the same sentence talked about getting a 20-30MP camera.
You should re read my original post. There is more than one sentence and no where did I talk of getting a 20-30MP camera. You have totally missed the point of my post that the iPhone is an expensive item and there are other more useful items I would spend the money on.

You must have a problem with the lens in your eye. Time for a visit to the optician?

Back