LCD + DVI booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody.

I've a very annoying issue with my new computer set. Yesterday bought my first LCD NEC 1970NX. So I connected it to my graphics card (Winfast GF6600GT) via brand new DVI-D cable. Everything seems to be ok, the picture is perfect sharp and stuff but something is wrong durring booting sequence - simply I can't see a thing. When I choose to "Restart" in my WinXP x64, then computer is restarting of course but monitor is not detecting any DVI signal utill windows is loaded again. That means I can't see any grahpics & computer bios posts, also can't go to BIOS because I see nothing but turned off lcd screen.

The funny thing is that everything is working ok with d-sub cable (analog one)! Also everything is ok if I chose to turn off the computer instead of using restart option.

ps. my motherboard has latest bios installed.

Please help

Right click on the desktop and choose Settings and then Advanced. There is a setting in there for making the DVI port the default port. The default setting is at VGA now.

Well, I checked my advanced settings and cannot find this settings. There is only option to set my screen as Primary display but it's innactive because I'm working in the single display mode and it is checked by default. Would you guide me directly to the setting you was talking about please?

btw. my card is nvidia, and so drivers are.

I dont know where exactly it is. I just read in an LCD review that the reviewer had the same problem you are and that was the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back