LCD DVI help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticalFlow

I just got a hyundai 19' with dvi and vga. Im also using a geforce 6800gt pcie with dual dvi. When i hook up the lcd with dvi it says no signal or just turns black. I can hook up the vga and works fine. But i have to use a converter to change vga to dvi. There is a setting on the lcd that changes the input to vga or dvi but i get nothing when i change to dvi.

Is there something else i should look for? maybe drivers? or somewhere in the settings i can enable dvi?
plz help thanks.

You should wait about an hour - then you might get a picture. Someone can't handle DVI yet, monitor or graphic card manufacturer, I don't know who. My monitor was the same -black, nothing with DVI. But when I waited some 10 minutes I noticed a picture flash. The reason I waited was that the led on the screen seemed to go on and off all the time - so I left it on and sudenly I had a crystal clear image! I guess it's NVidia that can't handle DVI on certain monitors, but leave your monitor on for a while it might help. Take a walk in the mean time! :grinthumb

hmm il give it a try.. but do i have to wait everytime? and also i just found out that theres diffrent kinds of dvi cables and ports. dvi-i and dci-d. my lcd is dvi-i.
video card looks like dvi-d. I really dont know what the diffrence between them. Maybe someone can explain? thanks

Trying out your way il post back for results

Divi-d is for connecting to a Vid card that can deliver digital signal directly to the monitor. Your card and monitor are set up for that. That cable Dvi-d has 25 pin connector at both ends.Use that connection .You should read instructions for the card as to the proper settings (usually on the property page for the card or right clicking the desktop.
My own setup would not work if I used the dvi-d cable with an anologue adapter to Vga 15 pin connection I had to use dvi-a cable.

Ok i got it working. I downloaded nvtweak and in there was some option to make dvi my primary monitor. Thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back