LCD, LED Case Connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Hey. I have just got a new fancy computer case. It has a LED strip shining from top to bottom on the fromt door case. This connects directly to PSU molex connector (I have got this working fine). It also has an LCD display at the top which displays CPU temp, Fan RPM and Time of day. There is a connection from this which has " + H.D.D. LED " on it. I thought I plugged it into the right pins on the mobo but the LCD didn't come on. Then another connector coming from one red LED exists and I thought I plugged that into the right mobo pins but it doesn't light up (I assume the latter one was for HDD activity LED as the connector has printed on it " H.D.D. LED "). My mobo pin layout is shown below to the best of my ability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

JFP2

8 . 7
6 . . 5
4 . . 3
2 . . 1

JFP1

10 . 9
8 . . 7
5 . . 6
4 . . 3
2 . . 1

JFP1 Pin Definition

PIN SIGNAL DESCRIPTION
1 HD_LED_P Hard disk LED pull-up
2 FP PWR/SLP MSG LED pull-up
3 HD_LED_N Hard disk active LED
4 FP PWR/SLP MSG LED pull-up
5 RST_SW_N Reset Switch low reference pull-down to GND
6 PWR_SW_P Power Switch high reference pull-up
7 RST_SW_P Reset Switch high reference pull-up
8 PWR_SW_N Power Switch low reference pull-down to GND
9 RSVD_DNU Reserved. Do not use.

JFP2 Pin Definition

PIN SIGNAL PIN SIGNAL
1 GND 2 SPK-
3 SLED 4 BUZ+
5 PLED 6 BUZ-
7 NC 8 SPK+

Sorry no descrip for JFP2, but I know pins 2,4,6,8 are for speaker. In the manual it says 1,2,3 are for power LED.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long haul guys. I had the " H.D.D. Led " in pins 1,3 in JFP1 and the " + H.D.D. Led (from LCD) " in pins 2,4 in JFP1. One question, can I have the small case speaker on my case panel not connected, and the LCD connected, and have the LCD working? As the case speaker and lcd share the same circuit board at the front of the case and I wondered if the speaker has to be connected before the LCD would work.

Cheers.

Bump.

Sorry, but I am hoping someone can help. Sorry to be pushy.

Cheers once again.

hey jaf (i got your PM),

the LCD display should have a separate power connector. it's most likely a molex connector (just like your LED strip). it could be something else, but either way it needs it's own power source to run.

it may be stuffed behind the circuit board or something else

I obviously don't have your case in front of me, but if it's like mine (and it sounds like it is) then the LCD display should turn on with just the power connector. if you leave the mobo header connectors unplugged, you just won't have that particular function, but the display itself should still light up and display temps.

hope this helps :)

Cheers KingCody. I did miss a connector (duh! must be blind). It was a molex as well that goes straight to psu. Although it was wedged right at the top of the case under the cd/dvd drives :).

I still dont know what is happening to the red led for h.d.d. activity (I assume its for h.d.d. activity as this case only comes with one LED behind the snazzy door). Other cases have two (power on, h.d.d. activity). I plugged it in the right pins, same as where my old case h.d.d. led used to go and it doesn't light up. I can live without it I suppose.

you may have the polarity backwards, try reversing the + and - of the connector, see if that makes it work.

also, is there anything plugged into the PWR LED header on the mobo?

All is well KingCody, a simple reverse sorted it. :)

Honestly, this case is not consistent, all the other connectors are the other way, this one is the only one which needs to be reversed. I love it anyway due to its snazzy looks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back