LCD Monitor and Video Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello Everybody!
I need your advice since I wanna start editing some videos I'm recording from the TV, even tough I have experience as a computer technician I never been into the video edition field before, That's why I need your advice for some good not so complicated software to help me edit this, all I want to do is skip the commercials, add dates and something like that. What would you recommend? also need to know which file format is the best to do that since I'm using my home DVD recorder and I have this TV shows on DVD-RW, before I use to rip a DVD movie to DIVX or MPG file, I know how to do that but I'm wondering if I wanna put it back to a DVD how can I do that. I mean which software will alloe me to do that.

Also for this purpose I'm planning to buy a new Monitor not less than 22", but I don't know much about specs, I know I should look for a low ms response, the contrast ratio the bigger the better right?? or am I wrong? and what is the cd/m2 spec? what does that one stand for?

The only one I could find as a 22" with 2ms is this one, what do you think?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824236011

Thanks in advance for your input!

For simple video editing like what you said you will be doing I'd just use Windows Movie Maker because it's free and it's probably already installed on your computer if you have XP.

As for the monitor, I highly recommend the ViewSonic 22" widescreen. It has 5ms response, 700:1 contrast ratio, and you can pick one up at Fry's for about $350 with a rebate. I recently got one and recommended it to my friend who also bought one and we both are very happy with this monitor.
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2235wm/

that viewsonic monitor would be a good one I can guarentee I am not saying the one u stated would be bad but I have two viewsonics and both have been great and this one looks better. I am using a Dell 23inch now and would rather have that last viewsonic, that looks like a great monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back