Lcd Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I previuosly had a novatech lcd monitor with a response time of 25ms.i had not encountered any problems with games ect for my kids. untill i tried to play far cry / mafia ect .
The screen was jerky ect althogh the intro in far cray played ok on screen but there was massive delays on screen updating almost slow motion so was unplayable.
I put this down to slow respnse time ect , so bought a 17 inch mon digimate L1715 with a ststed resonse time of 16ms.
However i 'm still getting the same problem , can ayone tell me a suitable monitor to buy( LCD) that would enable to play games like far cry ect?
I have a athlon3000 proc 512 mem ddr , fx5200 vid card sata hard drive 120g

The problem is your very slow graphics card, not your monitor. You can't seriously expect to play Far Cry smoothly with an fx5200. You'll find most of the newer games to suffer with that card, so start saving for a new card now.

i did think about that but the games play fine on a crt monitor so i cannot see why it should be my graphics card? also have read on sites that this card is ok to play half life 2 ? anway can it be that one needs a highr spec card to play games on lcd monitor?

Are you playing with the same settings and resolution on your LCD as you did on your CRT? That's the only way I can see framerate being an issue. LCD monitors with poor response time would show motion blur on screen, not jerky framerate. Check and compare your current display settings with what you had previously, when it worked. Try the analogue input on your LCD as well as the digital input. Your CRT will use analogue, so maybe there is a problem with the digital output on your display card.

yes confirmed , used same settings on both monitors ie on crt and lcd,
my lcd mon does not have a digital input although the card has an dig output.
i had the same problems ie jerky framerate as you described on both lcd monitors ie one with 25 ms and one with 16 ms response times .
Only thing i couls try now is a different video card , any suggestions which one would be good without overspend?

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Currently the best value card on the market, though more expensive than your fx5200. Shop around for the best price.

thanks for info , what do you think about ati radeon sapphire 9600 256 mb mem been offerd it for 45 pounds, also pc world selling PNY fx5700 for 49.99?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back