LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerces

I've got me a new 17" lcd Monitor. Works perfectly and looks great but there is something that's really strange. I've heard that lots of others have the same prob so here goes:

When I run Games, they crash. It's that simple. But when I connect a CRT monitor to my pc, the games work perfectly. :confused:

I don't get it but I hope you guys got a solution.

Nope, the screen just goes black and it freezes. ctrl+alt+del shows the game isn't responding anymore.
The refresh rate is set to 70 hz. But if it would be that he wouldn't play any games right? But Knights of the old republic works without a single error and Spellforce: Order of dawn doens't even get past the black screen...

It could be a graphics card driver problem then.

You didn't mention which OS you're using, and are those freezing games all using Direct3D?

I'm using Windows XP and have a Geforce 4 ti4200. And I don't really know about direct3D but I'll check it out later on.

About the driver. I've got the 52.16 version of the win2k/xp detonators. Don't know if they are good but if I look at the official drivers they only get at 45.23. Should I install the 45.23 or an even newer version then 52.16?

doesn't sound liek a drive problem......

Many LCD's can't take the refreshrate of some games...try using a non direct3d game (half life or counter strike) see if that works first...if not....most definitally LCD's setup i'd mess with settings in monitor properties alot more..and keep res. to less than 1024x768 (in game and in desktop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back