LCD prices increasing going into the holiday season

By Matthew
Nov 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. If you're shopping for a new LCD monitor or television, you should probably take the plunge sooner rather than later. According to a new report by iSuppli, global pricing is on the rise for LCD panels 10-inches and larger diagonally. The research firm's numbers indicate that prices increased by nearly 1% on average in November.

Read the whole story
  2. stensland

stensland TS Rookie Posts: 52

The increase in price is negligible. I wouldn't worry about it.
  3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

True, but the UK's VAT rise in January, from its current 17.5% to 20.0% is going to increase the cost, so worth buying now if you want to beat the price hikes. :D
  4. enbeuu

enbeuu TS Rookie

Good; this decline in pricing was worrying. It's got to be a negligible increase unless it's driven by the raw material costs. And have not seen anything that says that's true.
  5. Yoryka

Yoryka TS Rookie

HAHAHA, -_- they raising the price coz of contest #2 lol , "ok i hear techspots doing a contest on monitors , nows our time to STRIKE"...... sorry if i got a lol outa that
  6. enbeuu

enbeuu TS Rookie

That's fine; anyone notice the DDR3 prices falling like a rock?
    It's a supply and demand thing, I think.
  7. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

I'm not worried about LCD monitor prices. Prices for 22-24 inch monitors are very reasonable here and show no signs of increasing at all. The only downside to acquiring a new LCD monitor running at a native 1920x1080 resolution is that you need a more powerful graphics card to play all your games at that resolution.