LCD upgrade - non glossy to glossy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all..

After my long tried of fixing my LCD problems i described in this thread , it turns out the problem is the LCD itself.

the LCD part is a SAMSUNG LTN154X1-L02 (1280x800 non-glossy)

my question is, I found a compatible model with the same serial number on Ebay, but with a glossy finish, so I was wondering if it still work on my HP zt3000. Is there any other technical difference apart from the finish of the screen ?

thanks in advance. :)

If the only difference is the screens finish, then I wouldn`t have thought there`d be a problem.

Obviously, it`s going to look a tad different. ;)

Regards Howard :)

hi..

Well, that's the whole purpose of getting a glossy finish lcd. I always liked those screens.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

A glossy screen will give you crisper colors and contrast in low light at the expense of glare in bright light.

So it depends on what you are going to do with the screen. Glossy would be awesome for watching movies and other multimedia at nights, but you can pretty much forget about doing any work in sunlight or be very annoyed in a brightly lit room.

You can also have screens made glossy later by 3rd party companies that perform the service, but I'm not familiar with their quality of work. I agree about sunlight though. High-gloss screens are nearly unusable outdoors during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back