LCD vertical line

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra.panda

Hi, I have Sahara NB5610-L1 Celeron M Processor Laptop. Just 5days back suddenly one vertical line is come to my LCD screen in the middle & it wont go back. I am using this Laptop for my Home & all the functionality is working properly but this line will not go. I am now fully tensed after this because I have already spent 30,000 for this.
Please clarify me in this regard. How to overcome this problem ?
If any body knows any Sahara Laptop Service center in Bangalore?
Thanks,
Chandra

I'm not sure exactly what that is. Do you mean there's a line there when its turned on only, or is it always there, even when shut off?

If its there when it's shut off then it sounds like a pressure crack on the screen to me. Hopefully its not that. I had a nasty on one my Sidekick 2 once. x.x

But even if it is, if its a not interfering with the picture try to disregard it. That's all I can say.

This line is not there when the Laptop is not in use.The moment I start up my laptop in the Energy screen also it is displaying & it's there before shutting down. that means after shutting down it's not displaying.
No no, there is no sound nothing is there, all the functionality also working fine but only one thing is that this vertical line on the screen is irrteting me thru out the day.

load up using a linux live cd like knoppix or ubuntu live, see if that line is still on the screen. If it is it could be a hardware related problem, maybe your screen has a row of bad pix on it..

send it for warranty if you can, easy kill solution :D

If the line shows right after startup (on the Sahara logo?), then it it a bad LCD. If the machine is still under warranty, have it repaired.

Replace the LCD or you could make sure that the LCD connector to the MOBO is seated correctly. It might have come loose? If under protection then send it back for repair.

One suggestion is that remove the battery from the Laptop & work on Power for 15 to 20 mins & after that connect the battery to it & see the vertical line is coming or not. If 'yes' it's a BIG hardware problem.

As a Certified Dell LCD engineer in Houston,Tx - Your problem is almost unmistakenly what is known as a defective tab. On the laptop there are 10-12 "data" tabs located on the top of the lcd which communicate vertical information from the board to the glass and 3-4 "scan" tabs located on the side that switch on which horizontal line to activate. These fail mainly to heat - but in some cases heavy shock or tension will cause intermittant problems. Repair to such a problem is EXTREMELY difficult and requires expensive machinery and skilled technicians. BUT - for those do it your selfers out there ill give you my advice. Go grab a moderately powered microscope, some acetone, tweezers, and your choice of liquor (your ganna need it for the shaking), and a very thin adhesive (like the stuff you use for your rear view mirror - the kind with the resin and activator) and a heat gun. Now go ahead and disassemble your screen down to the glass and board, find the tab which is damaged and remove it from the glass with the heat gun, remove all remaining adhesive with the acetone, using the microscope- youll find that both the glass and the tab have a +IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII+ pattern on it. Line up the "plus" signs EXACTLY- place the resin on the glass, activator on the tab and press them togeather lining up the plus signs. Hold for about 2 mins. This CAN work if done right, but if you screw up it may be impossible to recover- Its worth a try and can save you about $100. Have fun

Wow - sounds scary. Think I'd already have to be really drunk to even consider this - or else just be thinking about tossing the thing anyway.

As a Certified Dell LCD engineer in Houston,Tx - Your problem is almost unmistakenly what is known as a defective tab. On the laptop there are 10-12 "data" tabs located on the top of the lcd which communicate vertical information from the board to the glass and 3-4 "scan" tabs located on the side that switch on which horizontal line to activate. These fail mainly to heat - but in some cases heavy shock or tension will cause intermittant problems. Repair to such a problem is EXTREMELY difficult and requires expensive machinery and skilled technicians. BUT - for those do it your selfers out there ill give you my advice. Go grab a moderately powered microscope, some acetone, tweezers, and your choice of liquor (your ganna need it for the shaking), and a very thin adhesive (like the stuff you use for your rear view mirror - the kind with the resin and activator) and a heat gun. Now go ahead and disassemble your screen down to the glass and board, find the tab which is damaged and remove it from the glass with the heat gun, remove all remaining adhesive with the acetone, using the microscope- youll find that both the glass and the tab have a +IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII+ pattern on it. Line up the "plus" signs EXACTLY- place the resin on the glass, activator on the tab and press them togeather lining up the plus signs. Hold for about 2 mins. This CAN work if done right, but if you screw up it may be impossible to recover- Its worth a try and can save you about $100. Have fun
I like ravelikeirave's post but its kinda impractical, we don't have a microscope and conductive glue.
I have a similar problem, my lcd has 2 thin horzontal lines in middle. It used to go away when I touched my screen on left side, but now its permanent. It might be due to the tab connector not attached to the glass properly. I'm thinking of keeping a thin cloth on the tab connector and rubbing a cloth iron over it, so that it gets re-attched. Will this work?? Or any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back