LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, let me apologize if this has already been brought up and discussed. i was referred to this site by a friend, and i've not done much backhistory in the topics. If this has been discussed, please just post the topic link and i'll continue there. :]

I've been doing some serious thinking about getting a 17" LCD Monitor. However, while at a friends house who owns a 19" LCD, and watching him play Warcraft III, i thought, holy god, this looks awful compared to my CRT. He said it was the lack of a decent graphics card which made it look so un-detailed and choppy. This i can understand is part of the cause, however reading some reviews of modern LCD's, the complaint that worries me the most is the Inability to take advantage of Good Graphics cards. :blackeye:

So i reckon my question is; Do modern Flat Pannels Suck for 3D Gaming compared with modern CRT's?

Any response is welcome.
-Brad

the refresh rates for the lcd are low compared to its counterpart and that show in games and moving frames
A crt monitor is way better when playing fast games like rtwc,mohaa or something like that
but LCDs have their advantage in still motion(f*** grammer) like rpgs(at least like baldur's gate etc..) and strategy or at work with office and 3d max etc..
it also has the advantage of being ~50-70% smaller (or thinner?)
than the crts counterpart
conclusion:
Use a crt monitor if u play a lot of games with a lot of moving frames esp. if u have ti 4600 that u will get 150+ fps
Use an LCD if ur table is small and u play 2d games or if u work on things like 3d max or photoshop and if u have just raided the bank near by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back