LCDSysInfo for GOverlay: A $32 LCD gadget for PC enthusiasts and tinkerers

By Julio Franco
Aug 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. trgz

trgz Newcomer, in training Posts: 43

Free alternative - there is an Android App or two that can some of this (though I've yet to find one that can do my GPUs) try CoreTemp or PC Monitor
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,781   +700

I'm sure the built in screen on some of these Logitech keyboards can do the same thing. I'm just not sure if there are suitable apps available. Nevertheless it's an interesting product although niche.
  4. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 961   +146

I think there are windows 7 (software) gadgets that do these things.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,667   +868

This is cool. I would rather just use software though.
    misor likes this.
  6. Xtreme gamer

Xtreme gamer Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

A logitech G19 keyboard and Aida64 (monitoring software)is brilliant for this.
  7. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,576   +76

They use to have this for routers and the panel tends to freeze-up.
  8. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 879   +170

This would be cool if it was made to fit into a case expansion bay.
    misor likes this.
  9. I think I'll wait for the next iteration ... The one where you simply plug in the USB cable and it works immediately. :)
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,746   +1,420

The point is you can optimize the display the way you want. Plug-n-Play would take away that aspect.
  11. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

It wouldn't be bad to have an initial setup that had a basic layout for the LCD, while accessing APIs already available for those that want it quick 'n dirty, while still being able to completely customize the layout and data acquisition.

12. It does have some pre-created elements, when you launch it the first time it loads a basic setup like what you see in the picture and you just have to pick what sensors to show and thats it.
  13. Scorpus

Scorpus TechSpot Staff Posts: 528   +67 Staff Member

That is exactly what happens, although not all the elements immediately work, and you probably won't like the default layout
  14. kuroiei

kuroiei Newcomer, in training Posts: 39

Would gladly buy one! If not, I'm working on something similar, but the hardware end tends to be a problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.