Leadtek A340 tdh fx5200 dvi problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodium1

Fistly i wiuld like to say hi to everyone on this forum:wave: Secondly i would like to se if anyone can help me with my problem. I have just purchased a 24" monitor. It has DVi input, so i would like to utilize this option. My graphics card is a leadtek winfast a340 tdh geforce fx 5200 256mb with DVI and vga outputs. I am really struggling to get the DVI to work :confused: I have had the monitor checked on next doors pc, and works perfectly, also the lead has been tested and proved to be ok. I have updated the drivers from Nvidia and leadtek's websites. Also i have tried different settings on the card, but still no luck :mad: I think it's just a case of changing a setting but i cannot locate it and i have lost my picture twice which meant i had to reinstall everthing again. Can anyone possibly help me sort this out ?
kindest regards sodium1

What i have

I have a 22 " LCD with DVI connection.
I have an ATI x1650/512 with a DVI connection.
You need the right cable that probably wasn't included with either.
I had to buy one.$ 30.00
But your Video card must have a DVI connection,and
your motherboard a PCIx slot.
I have an asus P5K-VM and an ATI PCIx Video card.
http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx1650/radeonx1650pro/specs.html

This has nothing to do with lost files.

Hi zipperman, Thanks for the reply. i have tried the lead what my neighbour used to test the monitor, and still no picture. I have 2 different types of DVI leads available, and both do not work. All i keep getting is a message on the screen what states "no input signal"

Theres only 1 type

sodium1 said:
Hi zipperman, Thanks for the reply. i have tried the lead what my neighbour used to test the monitor, and still no picture. I have 2 different types of DVI leads available, and both do not work. All i keep getting is a message on the screen what states "no input signal"
You need DVI-D connection cable at both monitor and video card,
What are the names and models of both,i'll check them out.
Does the monitor have 2 choices ?

I have a DGM 24" monitor. This forum will not allow me to post piccys or links to websites until i have made 5 posts, very strange. Anyway i purchased it from overclockers.co.uk, its their cheapest 24" monitor they have

Check this first

But don't you know the names of your harware ? Is it an LCD monitor wide screen ?
Go to Device Manager.for video card.
Thats if you want High Definition monitor.It also depend on the Motherboard
slots.

Attachments

• DVI-I.jpg
    DVI-I.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 5
The monitor is a 24" widescreen LCD, there is one VGA & DVI socket on it. My graphics card is a Leadtek A340 TDH, Nvidea Ge-Force Fx5200 8X AGP. The DVI socket types you showed me in the attached picture is exacly the same as i have here..

connections

sodium1 said:
The monitor is a 24" widescreen LCD, there is one VGA & DVI socket on it. My graphics card is a Leadtek A340 TDH, Nvidea Ge-Force Fx5200 8X AGP. The DVI socket types you showed me in the attached picture is exacly the same as i have here..
An AGP is the wrong one for High definition . It can't have a DVI-I connection.
I don't think you planned this very well and understand the way i post
for the best monitor picture.Not with X AGP,you need PCIx video card.
with a DVI-I connection.Your wasteing the cost of buying a LCD monitor.
Now you need a PCIx motherboard and Video card.Not X AGP.
Thats about all the help i can be with what i know.:wave:

Try is on your other video port. Its not showing up maybe cuz of the dual monitor..

Sounds like your box is fine,,gl,

so basically, even though i have a graphics card with a DVI socket on it, it will not support my monitor ? Why is there a DVI socket on the graphics card then ? What is it intended for ? The mind Boggles lol

problem solved

After a couple of days messing around and trying out advise offered by different people i have finally sorted the problem out. Both of my DVI leads are ok, they were also tested on a known working set up. My monitor was also tested by my neighbour when he connected it to his home cinema system. Also the very latest drivers were downloaded from Leadtek & Nvidia. Today i was passing PC World and decided to get another opinion. We decided that the DVI output on my card was faulty, and has probably been faulty from new as i could not get it working when i purhased it approx 3 years ago ! I have purhased a new card http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/pr...Graphics+Cards/PNY/B-G77300GABE50YPB-G/786568....... I have installed this card tonight, and it works a dream !!:D I have just loaded company of heroes and going to give the card a good test...many thanks to eveyone who offered their help and knowledge
regards sodium1: wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back