Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti 4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have bought a geforce 4 ti 4400 128 mb ddr. I have installed it in my pc. Which is an amd athlon 1,1 ghz pc with 256 mb sdram 133 mhz. The problem is that my card isn't functioning very well. I have to run games like ut2003 and battlefield at low settings. Even than i only get framerates around 30 fps. I know it is my pc that makes it perform bad. Now i wanted to ask how i should upgrade. I thought buying a new mobo and ddr ram. Unfortunately i don't have this money available for now and the upcoming months. I would like to know if upgrading my ram to 512 mb should make any difference? I don't know much about hardware so maybe you have some tips for me to get better performance. I also would like to know what aperture size means? it is in the bios. I didn't changed it, but it sais 64, I thought maybe it has to be 128 because i have an 128 mb card.

Thanks in advance for your help.

your card should be performig better than that with the components you have. what kind of video card did you have before the Ti4400? and did you uninstall the drivers for the previous one before installing the new ones?

you should be getting better performance than that from what you have. what kind of video card did you have before the Ti4400? and did you uninstall the drivers for that one before installing the drivers for the Ti4400?

you should also check and make sure that your AGP is functioning at 4x if you are using an older via chipset you have to download and install the AGP mini port drivers in order for the AGP to work at 4x

I deinstalled all drivers from my previous geforce 2 mx card. I checked my bios and it is running at 4x agp. My chipset is via KT133. maybe i should download the latest driver for this mobo. I am not sure if this can damage my pc. I don't know if it flashes my bios and can damage it. It has already happened ones. I won't risk it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back