leadtek Geforce 7600 GT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raydiation

Hi, everyone! I have bought a new leadtek Geforce 7600 GT AGP yesterday and I have experienced a serious problem. I replaced the old one (FX 5200) and turned on the pc, then the power light of my pc was flashing and fan of cpu kept going on and off (I could smell a bit of burning smell too).Then afterward i couldn't even turn on my pc. By the time i switched back to my old graphic card then everything works fine again. So I wonder if there is a power issue (i'm using a Antec 430 W power supply) or the card is damaged. It really annoys me and hope anyone can help me out. thx

it's hard to tell from a distance... it might be the power supply, but I personally think it's the card. What you could do is put it in another pc, and see if it works properly there. if it does, you know it's not the card...

well, its diffcult coz i don't hav another pc wiv me, also Im using an AGP 8X slot rather than a PCI-E which most of my friends r using.I just couldn't think of da other way to test if da card is damaged or not

What it sounds like is that when you inserted the card, there could have been the possiblity that you had an internal wire/cable touch the card. I've run into customers that have had this same problem. They insert a piece of hardware and without even checking all the connections, they just put the side cover back on and fire it up. Of course, there is also the problem mentioned by Exonimus that the card is faulty and cooked once it was inserted and power reached it.

o man, i feel like an *****. I am not sure if i have locked da plastic chip at da slot properly be4 i turn on da power or not. But if i reli did, would it possibly be a cause of da problem? Thx so much for everyone's help!

O dunno y da page didn't direct correctly,anyway here is my pc spec

Processor

1. Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium® 4 processor.

Chipset

1. North Bridge : Intel® 865PE MCH
2. South Bridge : Intel® ICH5
3. Integrated Peripherals :
1. Marvell Gigabit Ethernet Controller
2. Realtek ALC850 CODEC

Front Side Bus

1. 800 / 533/400 MHz FSB

Memory

1. Type: Dual Channel DDR 400 / 333 / 266 support
2. Max capacity: 4 GB (Please read FAQ for further information)
3. DIMM slots: 4

* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.
Internal I/O Connectors

1. 2 x Serial ATA ports
2. 2 x UltraDMA 100/66 Bus Master IDE
3. 1 x FDD
4. 2 x USB 2.0 (supports 4 ports by cable)
5. CD/AUX in
6. 1 x Game port pin header

Expansion Slots

1. 1 x AGP 8x slot
2. 5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)

Rear Panel I/O

1. 4 x USB 2.0 ports
2. 1 x RJ45 Lan port
3. 1 x LPT port
4. 2 x COM ports
5. 3 x Audio ports (Line-in / Line-out / MIC)
6. 2 x PS/2 ports (Keyboard/Mouse)

Form Factor

1. ATX
2. 30.5cm x 23.0cm

H/W Monitoring

1. ITE 8712F
2. System health status auto-detect and report by BIOS
3. Hardware detecting and reporting for case open, power-in voltage, CPU voltage, and fan speed.

BIOS

1. 3M bit flash ROM, Award BIOS

Other Features

1. Xpress Install
2. Xpress Recovery 2
3. Xpress BIOS Rescue
4. EasyTune™ 4
5. @BIOS
6. Q-Flash™

Bundle Software

1. Norton Internet Security 2003
1. Norton Anti Virus™