Leaked benchmarks reveal an HTC 10-like device, likely at a cheaper price

Shawn Knight

Staff member

HTC’s current flagship smartphone, the HTC 10, is considered by some to be the company’s best showing in years. Unfortunately for HTC, that doesn’t necessarily translate to sales as the device has reportedly been having a tough time in the open market.

The solution, it seems, may be to launch a very similar device under a different name and at a lower price point – or at least, that’s the theory that SlashGear is running with in the wake of some leaked hardware specs from a new HTC handset.

The device in question, likely the HTC Desire 10 Pro, features a 5.1-inch, 2,560 x 1,440 resolution display that’s powered by Qualcomm’s quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC clocked at 2.1GHz, Adreno 530 graphics and 4GB of RAM.

According to GFXBench, the smartphone will also contain 32GB of local storage, a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, phase detection and LED flash, a 5-megapixel front-facing shooter and Android 6.0.1 (the latter nixing the device as a potential Nexus handset).

Aside from the slightly smaller screen, the Desire 10 Pro is a near match for the flagship HTC 10. This will make the HTC 10 a bit difficult to market, at least to tech savvy buyers that realize the Desire 10 Pro is virtually identical to the HTC 10 but at a cheaper price.

HTC is expected to reveal the Desire 10 Pro and the Desire 10 Lifestyle sometime next month.

Permalink to story.

Interesting, I still need a new phone pretty badly but time, money, and laziness have all been factors from upgrading from my HTC One M7... I certainly would not mind the smaller screen for a price reduction.

Interesting, I still need a new phone pretty badly but time, money, and laziness have all been factors from upgrading from my HTC One M7... I certainly would not mind the smaller screen for a price reduction.
There were rumors that HTC will launch a HTC 10 mini (4.7 inch 1080p but with the exact same specs than the HTC 10. If that's true and it has dual speakers and a metal chassis I will also be upgrading from my HTC One M8, which I still very much love, to be honest. That or the smaller version of the Nexus 2016 (again, stereo speakers and metal chassis is a must for me).

Back