Leaked specs, pics of Sony's upcoming Xperia i1 smartphone surface

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A Taiwanese website has leaked what they claim are photos and specifications for Sony’s upcoming flagship smartphone, the Xperia i1. According to rumors, the handset – codenamed Honami – will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 processor operating at a blazing 2.2GHz alongside 2GB of RAM and 16GB of flash storage.

The Android-based smartphone will ship with a 5-inch, 1080p display but perhaps the most interesting feature of the i1 is the rear camera. It allegedly consists of a high-end 20.7-megapixel ExmorRS sensor that uses Sony’s Bionz image processing technology.

sony xperia honami specs leaked leaked specs xperia i1

There’s also the mention of something called Sony Lens G which is said to incorporate unique optical design technology and quality control for exceptional optical performance on par with the best lenses in the industry.

A handset of this caliber would be a monster, or at least it is on paper. Truth is, Sony hasn’t even confirmed they are working on such a device but it’s worth pointing out that these specs match those that surfaced back in April and May. I for one would be interested in comparing the camera on the i1 with the one in Nokia’s new Lumia 1020 which boasts a 41-megapixel shooter.

Most expect the Xperia i1 to officially surface at this year’s IFA Expo in Berlin which starts on September 6 and runs through September 11. As always, however, it’s advisable to take this rumor with a healthy dose of salt.

Permalink to story.

I'm really not so getting it why phone manufacturers name their phone series in an absurd manner, at least in how I see it.

Samsung galaxy y/s/s2/s3/s4
sony xperia m/x1/x2/x6/x10/z/i1
htc one/one s

I'm really not so getting it why phone manufacturers name their phone series in an absurd manner, at least in how I see it.
Samsung galaxy y/s/s2/s3/s4
sony xperia m/x1/x2/x6/x10/z/i1
htc one/one s

It's called branding. You don't have any idea how many geeks came up with those series, just question the Quality not the name.. Unless you're judging the book by its cover.

Back