Learn hands-on programming with the Raspberry Pi 3

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

Since the Raspberry Pi debuted four years ago, it's piqued the imagination of computer enthusiasts everywhere. Users have been able to make this credit card-sized computer do almost anything expected of a desktop or laptop -- including web browsing, word processing, or gaming --without needing extensive programming expertise.

The buzz around the Pi only intensified earlier this year with the introduction of the latest model: the Raspberry Pi 3, now available in an all-inclusive package bundled with essential coursework.

At about 3 inches by 2 inches, the Pi 3 is still the same size as its predecessor, but the retooled model has some major improvements, including a 50% boost in processing speed, built-in WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. The Pi 3’s 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM are also ready to handle anything you throw at them, including Python and Scratch-based projects.

In addition to the Pi 3, you’ll also get seven vital courses to help shape your Pi knowledge:

• Quick Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
  • Wireless Penetration Testing with Kali Linux & Raspberry Pi
  • Cluster Pi: Build a Raspberry Pi Beowulf Cluster
  • Raspberry Pi Essentials & Extras
  • PiBot: Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Powered Robot
  • Raspberry Pi: Full Stack
  • Raspberry Pi & The Internet of Things

These courses will show you not only how to use the Pi for basic functions, but serve as a foundation for any digital project you can dream up -- from music machines and parent detectors to weather stations and tweeting birdhouses with infrared cameras.

The entire kit consists of the Pi 3 board, a host of essential components, and the over 21 hours of training described above. It's available now for $119, more than half off MSRP -- so grab one now before supplies run out.

Permalink to story.

This bundle looks nice. I have a pi model a and a pi 2 model b but I haven't gotten around to getting a pi 3 yet. I've read that the pi 3 can get very toasty so when I get round to picking one up the first thing I will do is add a heat sink.

This bundle looks nice. I have a pi model a and a pi 2 model b but I haven't gotten around to getting a pi 3 yet. I've read that the pi 3 can get very toasty so when I get round to picking one up the first thing I will do is add a heat sink.

You any suggestions for the setups? I have one of the older Pi's and I think I could do with some suggestions about some lightweight installations. I find a lot of issues with newer keyboards and mice with a LOT of lag. I am trying to get into Python and could do with a decent platform to match my Linux work env (RHEL/Centos).

Back