Learn to Code: 22 Free Resources

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/article/753-learning-to-code-free/]https://www.techspot.com/article/753-learning-to-code-free/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

While its great and all, learning to code this way can be little frustrating at times unless you ask for help on forums. Nothing better then having a knowledgeable and enthusiastic teacher to help you out. I really do need to learn but need more dedication, so many distractions at home. I lurke around in code and can change variables and what not but starting from the bottom is little tougher ^^

I want to learn Javascript for games to be ahead of the competition in school and personally I like Code Avengers the best, the interface for me personally is the best.

I've used a couple of these when I was coding way back when. I've since shifted my focus but, its cool to see an article with this sort of info on TS.

Perfect timing TS! I'm an IT student with 4 weeks between semesters, so I wanted to spend my idle time learning the basics of another programming language.

Does anyone have an opinion on which language to focus on? I have one semester of Java under my belt.

Ok so I've really wanted to get into coding but I do not have a background of it. I spend lots of time on the computer so I have loads of practice time. I have looked at some of the programs, that you know, you drag walk for 5 seconds in front of sit for 4, those are no problem lol but all of the other programs I find are of here's a challenge, most of the code, fix it, I have no idea what the code says :3. See thats not what I am looking for, as a high school student I have taken a programming class but mostly I worked with robots where you just drag the different operations to the next one or learning what function; and function(update); is. What I am looking for is a basic instructional video that shows what this section of code does or why do I put a semi-colon there or an open bracket. I was wondering if someone could give me a link or try maybe hit me up on Skype(elisauder) and also in about a week and a half ill be renting a teamspeak channel, maybe someone could help me on there? If so PM me or add me on Skype. I will not be able to give payment for help at this time, sorry.

Frankly I am surprise that you of all people would nominate such. You know full well this is not a paint-by-the-numbers topic and takes a lot of background understand the basics:
  • sequence
  • loops
  • control flow
  • exception handling
the OO programming is even more convoluted. I guess I have too much respect for the art of creating GOOD programs.

Back