TechSpot

learning from my mistakes, with alil help from my friends

By AKFORTY7
Mar 26, 2007
  1. hello ts and members. I am quite new to this world of intelligence. Never new what wisdom i woulf gain. from los angeles and retired military and have been glued to my pc forever. i am almost positive being a noob my pc is highly infected with things only the advance know. so please feel free to pass on your knowledge. i will be greatful for any info and hope to gain some wrinkles in my brain

2. ICUB4UCME

ICUB4UCME TS Rookie

well the first things you should do are get the opinion of some professionals. ad-aware is a very reputable product. spybot search & destroy is another good name. both are spyware scanner and best part is they're free.

as for viruses/worms there are several free online scanning engines available. panda antivirus and eTrust have good scans. there are also others out there but thats a good place to start.

3. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Try starting a new thread in our Security and the Web forum. Just say that you think it is infected, and give some symptoms that your PC has been having, and somebody will be with you shortly. ;)

Regards :)

4. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
    Then sign up here.
    http://www.pcpitstop.com/

Do all test for results and fixes.A yellow flag for your hard drive isn't a big
    concern if you defrag regularly.
    You should get all checkered flags for a well installed and maintained OS
    No Red flags.Post your score.
    I'll do my regular check and post mine.:D
    :D

Just ignore software suggestions.Get them here.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.