Led on motherboard comes on and goes off when power turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hullo

I've lost intire moments in time when that happens.
mezmerizing:haha:
Plz post back with just alittle more info.
this could be real trouble depending on what MoBo you have.

realblackstuff said:
Thanks for that interesting piece of info.

Riveting stuff eh? lol

Regards Howard
pint1.gif

pint glass quart or quark

I'm just Welch e-nuff to blow me jumpers,
and dive straight away in that barrel O Dark matter
puke:
hemlock just don't do it fer me :dead:

Some things you should include to get a good answer:
1) What motherboard, what LED?
2) Have you added any hardware lately or made any changes like that?
3) What happened before this started happening?
4) Do you get any beeps?

Off Topic - Sorry

1. What is Hemlock?
2. I never get Guiness alone; I get it mixed with Bass ale or Harp. Is this practiced in the UK or Europe?

Hemlock (Conium maculatum L.)

[CENTER]Hemlock (Conium maculatum L. ) [/CENTER]

B ecause of its association with the death of Socrates, hemlock Conium maculatum L. is one of the most recognized botanicals in ancient medicine. Ancient populations were very aware of hemlock and its poisonous nature. Every school child seems to know about Socrates and hemlock. There is even an old joke that "Socrates was a wise man, a kind man who gave people advice and then they poisoned him." This third essay in the series will describe hemlock not in terms of its historical importance but will discuss its active components, mode of action and medicinal uses in ancient medicine.

H emlock is a member of the order Umbelliferae that also includes carrots, parsnips and fennel, as well as the now extinct silphium. The plant is a biennial and is tall, highly branched with excellent foliage and white flowers but has a bitter taste and unpleasant odor when bruised. This has likely prevented accidental overdoses. Hemlock produces a large number of seeds, which then allow it to form large stands in a variety of soil types. In addition to the obvious issue with human consumption, there are substantial concerns about the consumption and toxicity or teratogenicity observed when animals, especially horses, cattle and other domestic animals, consume the plant.

E ight piperidine alkaloids have been identified in hemlock. The alkaloids are a group of mildly alkaline compounds, usually of botanical origin, that can produce strong physiological effects. As a class over 3000 alkaloids have been recorded. Of the eight alkaloids identified in hemlock, two are in highest concentrations and account for the toxicity of the plant. These two compounds are g-coniceine and coniine with coniine being about 8 times more toxic than coniceine. Coniine, also called 2-propyl piperidine, is also one of the simplest alkaloids and one of the most toxic, with a dose of less than 0.2 grams being toxic. Pure coniine is a colorless, oily liquid with a bitter taste and unpleasant odor. Other alkaloids that have been identified in hemlock are methyl coniine, ethyl piperidine and pseudoconhydrine.
puke: :dead:

dgower2 said:
I never get Guiness alone; I get it mixed with Bass ale or Harp. Is this practiced in the UK or Europe?
Morons, what a waste of good Guinness!
You only drink it straight!

You fellas must have got it mixed up! You can get e.g. a Bass or Harp with what is called a 'Guinness head', meaning: topped up with Guinness to give it that creamy taste.

The only (allowed) deviation is called 'Black Velvet', 2/3 Guniness, 1/3 champagne (or Asti Spumante).

I agree wholeheartedly...
The only thing that should come close to a Guinness is a snifter of your favorite whiskey...
Black Bush for me.

patio. :cool:

I'm, thirsty now

A clean pull of the dark matter, kickin my off boots ,
putting my feet on the keyboard.
I think for now I'll just sit back here awhile and stare at
all the pretty blinking led's. :haha:

LOL - We drink it cold too

realblackstuff said:
Morons, what a waste of good Guinness!
You only drink it straight!

You fellas must have got it mixed up! You can get e.g. a Bass or Harp with what is called a 'Guinness head', meaning: topped up with Guinness to give it that creamy taste.

The only (allowed) deviation is called 'Black Velvet', 2/3 Guniness, 1/3 champagne (or Asti Spumante).

Actually, I think you drink it cold as well, but correct me if I'm wrong. The mixture of Guinness and Harp/Bass is commonly referred to here as a "Black and Tan".

I will get my next Guinness pure, I promise :grinthumb

Most of my co-workers are in the UK - Greenford, Harlow, and Stevenage. Anyone near any of those locations?

Guinness / Harp = Half and Half...

Guinness / Bass = Black and Tan...

Although i still don't know why people would do this. :giddy:

patio. :cool:

Thanks for the Beer Knowledge - I want more...

Thank you guys for the enlightening. I feel like such a rookie now. I can't wait to get my next Guinness with nothing added.

BTW, is it an ale, porter, pilsner, or stout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back