Legal Audio Downloads

Masque

Of the myriad of sites out there offering valid (legal) downloads for pay, does anybody here (who use them) have a personal fave and why? I'm trying to get a handle on my daughter's music likes and with the current state of affairs (maybe one or two good singles on a cd) I think download and burn would be appropriate and cheaper.

Please only legit sites.

Thanks in advance.

If you already have quicktime installed I'd go ahead and install iTunes and use their song buying stuff.
I've used it myself and its been fine for me. But seems quicktime isn't a popular product amoung many PC users so you may not want to go that route. (iTunes installs quicktime).

Thanks for the reply SNGX1275 but I'm looking more for something along the .mp3 line. Not a Quicktime fan (as you've already stated most pc users arent). Appreciate your time.

The iTunes store sells MP3s, it's just that their Media Player of the same name (through which you can purchase the songs) requires Quicktime to be installed.

Didou said:
The iTunes store sells MP3s, it's just that their Media Player of the same name (through which you can purchase the songs) requires Quicktime to be installed.

Didn't realize that....I'll take a look. QT's not a big issue for me.

Thanks

Not trying to be picky or anything but the correct term would be "t3h w1n". ;)

Keep in mind that the mp3s you get from iTunes are only 128kbps. Not sure if that's going to be an issue for you, but it really made me mad when I bought a few songs and I've never gone back since.

LNCPapa said:
Keep in mind that the mp3s you get from iTunes are only 128kbps. Not sure if that's going to be an issue for you, but it really made me mad when I bought a few songs and I've never gone back since.

I noticed that....haven't bought yet. What service are you using?

Actually, I'm using Yahoo Music now....192K and the price is right. Thanks all who replied.

Back