Lenovo announces 8-inch Miix2 tablet with Bay Trail, Windows 8.1 and Office 2013

By Shawn Knight
Oct 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo is jumping head-first into the small tablet market with the Miix2, an 8-inch slate with an attractive feature set and a solid price to match. It’s powered by an Intel Bay Trail-T quad-core processor alongside 2GB of LP-DDR3 memory...

Read more
  2. So is it windows RT or full blown 8.1? I couldn't quite work that out from the article.
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +238

Full Windows Pro, since it is running on an Atom platform, which is in the x86 processor family. This one is similar to the new ASUS Transformer recently announced, and Dell's new 8" tablets.
  4. You can say its full windows bye the procesor only, RT= ARM cpu , 8.1= intel
  5. Awesome! Thanks guys.
  6. Dell's Venue 8 Pro 8" Tablet is lighter (400 grams), longer battery life (~10 hours), has Active Synaptics digitizer, same resolution, and all that for the same price as this one!!!

The only side for the Venue 8 Pro, is that it's a little thicker at 8.9mm, but it's thin enough in my opinion.
  7. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,159   +67

The Lenovo is 350 grams, so the Dell is heavier. I'm sure the weight difference is mostly in the battery, which is why the Dell has a longer battery life.

What I'm waiting to see is whether the Lenovo has a keyboard cover.