Lenovo IdeaCentre Y910 Gaming All-In-One Review

Give it a miss. All-in-Ones have nothing to recommend them. You are far better served by a laptop or a desktop computer. For gaming a desktop has the internal space to handle heat which computers like this obviously don't. All-in-Ones may look neat but they are often difficult to work on. Even supposing that Lenovo have made it easier to get inside and upgrade components their products seem to have more than the average problems with wireless connectivity and webcams.

The article mentions being able to connect two more monitors for a triple monitor setup. Who is going to do this on an AIO Lenovo? Good that it's possible, but I doubt anyone is going to take advantage of that.

The article mentions being able to connect two more monitors for a triple monitor setup. Who is going to do this on an AIO Lenovo? Good that it's possible, but I doubt anyone is going to take advantage of that.
Actually it mentions that it's impossible to do that, because it's only got a single HDMI out.

Give it a miss. All-in-Ones have nothing to recommend them. You are far better served by a laptop or a desktop computer.

This would be MUCH better than a "gaming" laptop. You can't upgrade a laptop's GPU. This would have much more storage options. Larger screen. But yes...Give me a desktop any day.

With a genuine gaming laptop you are able to upgrade the graphics chip but a desktop makes a more flexible platform. I suppose the best solution is a desktop for general usage plus gaming and a laptop for more mundane purposes giving more mobility.

This is quite a powerful desktop... without the cpu-motherboard casing, which is usually a spacehog.

And for that price, not bad.

The author mentioned that the power supply was rated for 380 watts, but then said that the PC drew 444 watts from the wall. If that power supply has ~85% efficiency then it would be supplying 377 watts, almost its maximum. Isn't that a little bit concerning? From a thermal and longevity perspective at least.

"The author mentioned that the power supply was rated for 380 watts, but then said that the PC drew 444 watts from the wall. If that power supply has ~85% efficiency then it would be supplying 377 watts, almost its maximum. Isn't that a little bit concerning? From a thermal and longevity perspective at least."

If it's used for gaming it's unlikely to last long enough to need any upgrades so it's OK. :)

Back