TechSpot

Lenovo introduces Windows 8-inspired ThinkPad S431

By Shawn Knight
Apr 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo today announced a new edition to the venerable ThinkPad line, the S431. The notebook includes a multi-finger touchscreen that opens to 180-degrees, backlit keyboard with optimized shortcuts and a large, responsive touchpad – all designed with Windows 8 in mind.

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,867   +889

Good deal. Touch screen + backlit keyboard for $700. If only they could have gotten a SSD and a 1080P screen in there. But I guess my standards are a bit high,
  3. Gopal Bhat

Gopal Bhat Newcomer, in training Posts: 43   +7

Same here.
    I'm waiting for something with the following from ASUS or Levovo:

13",14" or 15.6" 1080p IPS
    Backlit Keyboard
    Haswell CPU
    3-4 USB 3.0 ports
    DVD Drive for second HDD/SSD
    mSATA port if above not available

Not too fussed about touchscreen or discrete gpu. But would love the leap motion device built in :D
  4. JC713

The Leap motion built in wont come for a while. With LCD panels getting thinner and thinner, it will be hard to integrate it straight in.
  5. Gopal Bhat

Gopal Bhat Newcomer, in training Posts: 43   +7

Doubt it would have to be incorporated into the display. Do they even work like that?

http://www.stuff.tv/news/computers-...ckpad-hp-machines-will-come-with-leap-motion-

Will just get one separately for my desktop anyway. Seems like a brilliant little device :)
  6. JC713

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.