Lenovo shows Erazer X700 gaming rig with dual GPUs, liquid cooling

By Matthew
Jan 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Along with a slew of tablets, notebooks and all-in-one computers, Lenovo has unveiled a new gaming desktop at CES. Due to ship in June for a starting price of $1,499, the Erazer X700 could prove to be a solid option...

Read more
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,365   +260

3. PC nerd

PC nerd TechSpot Booster Posts: 314   +34

God damn, that thing is hideous.

Inside and out.
    H3llion and Littleczr like this.
  4. Jbucko

Jbucko Newcomer, in training Posts: 33

Yes this is very ugly
  5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 761   +178

Remember the good old days when you actually had to have real tech knowledge and understanding to build and properly tune custom built PC's? Now everyone and thier sister goes to a forum to get a build list, google's how to put it together and walks around like they are some skilled system builder.

Your not! You don't know ****!
  6. PC nerd

I've built computers since I was 14. It's fun nowadays, but really doesn't take a huge amount of skill.
    H3llion likes this.
  7. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 364   +66

I rather built it my self, although dual GPU sounds cool for video editing.
  8. If you want dual GPU for video editing...... I question what cards you want.

Quadro cards are what you want. Not consumer level GPUs which are offered for the build.
  9. Regardless of it's tech specs, or price, or value, I would not allow something that grotesque looking in my home. Ever.
    PC nerd likes this.
  10. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,731   +288

Im all for gaming cases, but that is completely overboard. what ever happened to nice rectangular cases, maybe a rounded finish at the front, some LEDs and/or cathodes, and A full sized side panel.hasent been an affordable version of that released in years.
  11. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 878   +80

Case isn't too bad but under the hood, yuck...
  12. PC nerd

From looking at the guts picture, that motherboard hardly has the space for 2 GPU's.

And if they use blower cooler-GPU's, like in the picture, this computer is going to be horrendously loud.

And those 2 nasty fans on the motherboard are going to have to spin seriously fast to actually achieve anything.
  13. Tabbywabby

Tabbywabby TechSpot Member Posts: 29

This... is probably the ugliest premium rig I have seen in a long time. That is a waste of circuit boards and solder.
    PC nerd likes this.

14. Wow nyc case but the interior is **** that thing compared to my dream machine looks like a pc from the 80's wow every ones amazed by the GNU but an alien ware mx18 PC!!!! Performers better so yes I rest my case good try lenovo but not good enough if u want to honour gamers such as my self make something we can work with

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.