Let's start a music post

?

What music do you like?

1. Pop (Bubblegum, Boybands, Girlbands, Manufact, etc)

15.4%
  2. Dance (Electronic, House, Hardhouse, Acid, Garage etc)

26.9%
  3. Classical (Symphonic, Periodic, Operatic, etc)

19.2%
  4. Punk (Hard Punk, Classic, etc)

11.5%
  5. Pop-Punk (Boypunk, Emo [emotional], etc)

3.8%
  6. Rock (Rock, Metal, Death Metal, Industrial, etc)

76.9%
  7. Easy Listening (Country, Jazz, Light Classic, etc)

11.5%
  8. Hip-Hop (Inc. R&B)

23.1%
  9. Alternative (Indie etc)

34.6%
  10. Other (Not mentioned)

34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
By Nukey
Feb 18, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. Let's start a music poll

Just a random question, what sort of music are you guys (and girls) into then... could be interesting... ;)
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

3. Mikael

Mikael Newcomer, in training Posts: 282

I'm all over the place in regards to my taste of music: Rap, rock, alternative, trance, techno, pop, etc. :dead:
  4. spartanslayer

spartanslayer Newcomer, in training Posts: 464

I like pop and rock. But you didn't put any of the best bands up there, where are Bowling for Soup, and Evanescence?
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

What on earth are those pop-punk things?
  6. Nukey

Nukey Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 114

sorry did look for them but couldnt find it :) now you've shown me it was ages ago, always good to keep up :D anyways bowling for soup would probably come under pop-punk (may be wrong lol you judge!) (other examples: blink 182, simple plan, good charlotte, etc) evanescence would probably come under rock. Yet again could be wrong :p

LOL I love the way you put it Mictlant, :D:D

OMG I cant believe how hyper I am this evening. Its shocking :eek:

bfs are mad... they're good though Im going through an american head charge phase at the moment...
  7. Mark Neilan

Mark Neilan Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

I like mostly rock and metal but I like bits from other genres. Some rappers are crap but some are very good and, for me, its often just depends on a good bass line aswell. The same can be applied to some of the other types listed though mostly I like metal and similar stuff. I dont normally say i like a particular type of music as it is mostly if the artist is decent. Even so anything strumed on a guitar that doesn't change throughout the song reallly annoys me, bad musicians.
  8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

TechSpot's Last.fm charts page

A lot of different styles there (just like a lot of different people :blackeye: ).

I listen to music with my CD player a lot, so not all my tracks are submitted there.
  9. paranoid guy

paranoid guy Newcomer, in training Posts: 459

I like anything with a lot of guitar: Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, and let's not forget the best, Rory Gallagher.
  10. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Just looking at the poll results so far. It would seem that we have quite a lot of rock/metal heads on here. I count myself as one of them lol.

Regards Howard :)
  11. Nukey

Yay :D well that actually surprised me - I admit I used to be really into hip-hop about 5 years ago but Ive totally changed now, I seem to be getting darker and darker by the day! :eek: LOL

12. The Best Alias

The Best Alias Newcomer, in training Posts: 147

I woulda voted industrial but it's lumped in with Rock and Metal. :eek:
  13. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,430   +281

Yeh, since every few months someone submits a thread on this, why don't all you guys that have posted in this thread join our last.fm group. Pretty much all the important people from the board are already there :p
  14. Athena

Athena Newcomer, in training Posts: 69

no choice for 80's?
    Huey Lewis, Belinda?
  15. hewybo

hewybo TechSpot Maniac Posts: 570

I do!

I'll vote for those! Also: Eagles, Bond, Enya, Clannad, Maire Brennan, Linda Ronstadt, Katie Melua, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson, Queen, on and on, and on............

Sorry, no rap,hip-hop, heavy-anything.

I'm old- and mellow. :angel:
  16. Nukey

I don't blame you, rap and hip-hop is nasty and degrading to women :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.