TechSpot

Let's start a music post

?

What music do you like?

1. Pop (Bubblegum, Boybands, Girlbands, Manufact, etc)

15.4%
  2. Dance (Electronic, House, Hardhouse, Acid, Garage etc)

26.9%
  3. Classical (Symphonic, Periodic, Operatic, etc)

19.2%
  4. Punk (Hard Punk, Classic, etc)

11.5%
  5. Pop-Punk (Boypunk, Emo [emotional], etc)

3.8%
  6. Rock (Rock, Metal, Death Metal, Industrial, etc)

76.9%
  7. Easy Listening (Country, Jazz, Light Classic, etc)

11.5%
  8. Hip-Hop (Inc. R&B)

23.1%
  9. Alternative (Indie etc)

34.6%
  10. Other (Not mentioned)

34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
By Nukey
Feb 18, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. Let's start a music poll

Just a random question, what sort of music are you guys (and girls) into then... could be interesting... ;)

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. Mikael

Mikael TS Rookie Posts: 277

I'm all over the place in regards to my taste of music: Rap, rock, alternative, trance, techno, pop, etc. :dead:

4. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 394

I like pop and rock. But you didn't put any of the best bands up there, where are Bowling for Soup, and Evanescence?

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

What on earth are those pop-punk things?

6. Nukey

Nukey TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 110

sorry did look for them but couldnt find it :) now you've shown me it was ages ago, always good to keep up :D anyways bowling for soup would probably come under pop-punk (may be wrong lol you judge!) (other examples: blink 182, simple plan, good charlotte, etc) evanescence would probably come under rock. Yet again could be wrong :p

LOL I love the way you put it Mictlant, :D:D

OMG I cant believe how hyper I am this evening. Its shocking :eek:

bfs are mad... they're good though Im going through an american head charge phase at the moment...

7. Mark Neilan

Mark Neilan TS Rookie Posts: 22

I like mostly rock and metal but I like bits from other genres. Some rappers are crap but some are very good and, for me, its often just depends on a good bass line aswell. The same can be applied to some of the other types listed though mostly I like metal and similar stuff. I dont normally say i like a particular type of music as it is mostly if the artist is decent. Even so anything strumed on a guitar that doesn't change throughout the song reallly annoys me, bad musicians.

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

TechSpot's Last.fm charts page

A lot of different styles there (just like a lot of different people :blackeye: ).

I listen to music with my CD player a lot, so not all my tracks are submitted there.

9. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 420

I like anything with a lot of guitar: Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, and let's not forget the best, Rory Gallagher.

10. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Just looking at the poll results so far. It would seem that we have quite a lot of rock/metal heads on here. I count myself as one of them lol.

Regards Howard :)

11. Nukey

Yay :D well that actually surprised me - I admit I used to be really into hip-hop about 5 years ago but Ive totally changed now, I seem to be getting darker and darker by the day! :eek: LOL

12. The Best Alias

The Best Alias TS Rookie Posts: 113

I woulda voted industrial but it's lumped in with Rock and Metal. :eek:

13. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,687   +394

Yeh, since every few months someone submits a thread on this, why don't all you guys that have posted in this thread join our last.fm group. Pretty much all the important people from the board are already there :p

14. Athena

Athena TS Rookie Posts: 66

no choice for 80's?
    Huey Lewis, Belinda?

15. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Posts: 435

I do!

I'll vote for those! Also: Eagles, Bond, Enya, Clannad, Maire Brennan, Linda Ronstadt, Katie Melua, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson, Queen, on and on, and on............

Sorry, no rap,hip-hop, heavy-anything.

I'm old- and mellow. :angel:

16. Nukey

I don't blame you, rap and hip-hop is nasty and degrading to women :)