Letters g and h do not work on keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I've a Dell notebook where the letters g and h do not operate.
I have just replaced the keyboard (that I would have thought the obvious problem) with no change.
All other keys work fine.
Anyone with any clues as to what next?
thanks in advance.

FREDDO said:
Hello all,
I've a Dell notebook where the letters g and h do not operate.
I have just replaced the keyboard (that I would have thought the obvious problem) with no change.
All other keys work fine.
Anyone with any clues as to what next?
thanks in advance.

Are you sure the keyboard you bought hasnt been sold as it has the same problem ?

Other than that I would say that the socket the ribbon fits in may have a bad connection or if your ribbon runs from the board and plugs in the keyboard then that may be faulty.

I see on my latitude c600 that those 2 keys are above the thumbstick it may be this causing the problem, as well....

Regards

letters don't work?

Hi,
Thankyou for your reply.
I am most frustrated and certainly unsure where to go from here.
The replacement keyboard I purchased was supposedly new from the UK.
It supposedly is compatable with several Dell notebooks but the compromise to use with mine was to forego the thumbstick.(I find it also very unlikely that another keyboard has the same identical problem as my first keyboard)
The other thing to know is that the letters g and h occasionally did work until a few days ago when they totally stopped working.
The keyboard plugs in fine and fits perfectly
I cannot understand how all other keys work and these 2 do not.
I have used a magnifying glass on the female plug to check for cracks/damage to terminals etc without success.

Unfortunately the next in line to be a likely I'm guessing is the motherboard.
I am however still unsure that only 2 keys would be faulty if indeed the m/b was the cause. (I have another Dell notebook and I'm contemplating trying that keyboard into it also.)

The ribbon was new on the new keyboard..

Again, thank you for your interest in helping me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back